5131Soul-Calendar, Week 39 after Easter

    Jan 4, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 53 KB
    ******* Sorry to be late with this week's calendar.   -starman

    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through January 4th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 3 9  *

    An Geistesoffenbarung hingegeben

    Gewinne ich des Weltenwesens Licht.

    Gedankenkraft, sie wächst

    Sich klärend mir mich selbst zu geben,

    Und weckend löst sich mir

    Aus Denkermacht das Selbstgefühl.

    "To Spirit-Revealing given over,

    I win the World-Essence's Light.

    Thinking's Strength, it grows

     In clarity myself to give

    And waking loosens for me

    Out of Thinking's Might Self-Feeling."

        Last week we felt ourselves give birth to a new consciousness that will grow out into the world all the year to come.  This is the height of self-consciousness. This week's verse describes how, when we give ourselves over to the revelations coming from our inner Spirit, we gain the experiencing of the Light that infuses the outer world; and the power of thinking (which we do with the spirit), as it grows stronger, gives us the feeling of ourselves as a reality in the world.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, January 3rd. Moon Virgo.  Caspar, one of the holy 3 Kings. Enoch, Father of Methusalah. Slavery lifted in North America 1865.

    Monday,  January 4th. Moon Virgo.  Balthasar, one of the holy 3 Kings. Methusalah, died shortly before the Flood, which legend says happened in his 969th  year. Jacob Grimm born 1785. Mos. Mendelssohn died 1786.

    Tuesday,  January 5th. Moon Libra. 12th Day of Christmas. Francis Drake died 1596.

    Wednesday,  January 6th. Moon Libra. Epiphany, the Festival of the Appearance of Christ. Day of the 3 Holy Kings. Joan of Arc born 1412. Schliemann born 1822.

    .

    Thursday,  January 7th. Moon Libra. Last Quarter. Lucian, the Editor-in-Chief of the Greek Bible text in the 3rd cent. A.D. in Antioch, who had 70 assistants.

     .

    Friday,   January 8th. Moon Scorpio.  Galileo died 1642.

    Saturday,   January 9th. Moon Scorpio._ Adrian, who brought Christianity to Norway in the 12th century.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky at sunset, still ruling the night sky. Bright yellowish-red Mars rises in the East shortly after the Jupiter sets in the West. It's at its closest approach to the earth now.