Skip to search.

5114STEINER ON SORAT/666/1998

    Dec 17 7:57 PM
      BY REQUEST, HERE IS A RE-POSTING OF DR. STEINER'S PREDICTION OF THE DEMONIC FORCES ATTACKING EVERYTHING SPIRITUAL AROUND 1998... OUR CURRENT EVENTS.

      -STARMAN

      Rudolf Steiner  September 1924 / Switzerland
      From one basic way of considering this matter, there are two
      realms: the realm of NATURE  which is the realm of the Father
      (the source of the created world both spiritually and physically)
      and the realm of the SPIRIT.
      The Mohammedan teachings do not know the structure of the
      world I have just been speaking about. They know--- and can
      ONLY know---the Father.
      They know only the rigid doctrine: "There is one God, Allah, and
      none beside him, and Mohammed is his Prophet."
      From this angle, the teachings of Mohammed are the strongest
      polarity to Christianity.
      Indeed, resident in a hidden manner within the Islamic
      worldview is the will to do away with all freedom forever, the will
      to bring about a purely deterministic spiritual and social order
      that would dominate every aspect of human life, for nothing else
      is possible if you imagine the world solely in the sense of a
      Father God alone.
      A foreboding of this gave the apocalypse-writer (John) the
      feeling: The human being cannot be found, or find himself, in
      this. The human being cannot become filled through and
      through with Christ if he remains connected with the doctrine of
      the Father (alone).
      Restricted to this, the human being cannot take hold of his own
      humanness. He fails to become fully human if he is only able to
      conceive the Father God.
      In the end, the human being only becomes human by making
      Christ alive within himself and thereby gaining protection from
      the material conviction that spiritual realities are illusionary and
      vaporous epi-phenomena of purely material causes.
      Entertainment of the doctrine of the Father (alone) inescapably
      arrives at a conceptual materialism such as represented, for
      example, by Darwinism, the view that the human being arises
      from purely material causes.
      And if we regard Christianity primarily as that which accords with
      the Sun forces spiritually speaking, and such as is reflected /
      mirrored / mediated / manifested by the nine ranks of angelic
      Hierarchies, then we may identify that which OPPOSES these
      spiritual/sun forces as "anti-sun" forces or as  "sun demon."
      This "sun demon" works COUNTER to the Christian principle in
      such a way that, if a human being were to succumb to the lures
      of the sun demon and his inspiration, then that same human
      being would, by his own free choice, surrender all inward
      connection to the divinity of Christ for an inward connection with
      the sub-human spiritual realms.
      The apocalyptist saw this.  He felt and saw the mighty (future)
      counter-principle of Arabism bursting in on Christianity.
      It was clear to him that, from this Arabism, everything arises that
      brings the human being close to the purely animal nature, first of
      all in his views, but gradually also in his combined impulses of
      will and action.
      And what the apocalyptist saw BEHIND the future scenes of the
      looming Mohammdan historical impulse was the sun demon at
      work, working against the sun forces, against the spiritual
      sun-intelligence.
      If asked, the apocalyptist would have called the representatives
      of Arabism in Europe "human beings who have willingly
      dedicated themselves to the sun demon in their souls' nature."
      Dear friends, the number 666 represented both the NAME and
      the TIME when Arabism would flow into Christianity in order to
      impress the seal of materialism upon western culture.
      The apocalyptist portrays everything that works as a
      counter-principle to Christianity, such as Arabism and its
      deterministic conceptual constructs, as direct outflow from the
      counter-spirituality represented by the sun-demon Surat.
      And, in the final analysis, everything flowing from Arabism was
      directed ultimately against a spiritual Christian understanding of
      transubstantiation. External facts certainly do not look as if this
      were the case but, by allotting validity only to the Father principle,
      to the natural world-order, the sun demon forces indeed
      intended to sweep away from human view an immediate feeling
      for that which is active in the very deepest way in a sacrament
      such as transubstantiation.
      (The great revolutions that came about in Europe as a result of
      the Crusades belong under the sign of the SECOND occurrence
      of the number 666.)
      During the first 666, dear friends, Surat was still hidden but
      actively at work within the external process of outward events; he
      was not seen in clear outward manifestation.
      Now before us [in 1924] lies the time of the third number 666:
      1998 A.D.
      At the end of this (the twentieth) century, the time will come when
      Surat will ONCE AGAIN raise his head most strongly out of the
      waves of history.

      Only two-thirds of the 20th century will have still to run before
      Surat/Sorat once again raises his head most mightily.
      Before this (twentieth) century is out, he will show himself
      through his appearance in many human beings as the one by
      whom many are "possessed."

      Human beings will appear of whom it will be impossible to
      believe that they are really human beings.
      These Surat-inspired human beings will be recognizable by their
      external appearance; in a terrible way they will not only scoff at
      everything, but will also oppose, and want to destroy, and to
      push into the abyss anything that is spiritual.

      Outwardly, they will have intense and strong dispositions, with
      savage countenances, and with furious destructiveness in their
      emotions.

      The intention to sweep-away anything spiritual will be
      deep-seated in large numbers of earthly souls, just as the
      apocalyptist has foreseen in the beast-like countenance, and the
      beast-like strength, that will underlie the deeds of the adversary
      over against the spiritual.
      Even today, hidden rage against spiritual things is already
      immense, yet it is still in its very early infancy in contrast to what
      is to come.