5102Soul-Calendar, Week 36 after Easter

    Dec 13, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 240 KB

    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through January 4th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 3 6  *

    In meines Wesens Tiefen spricht

    Zur Offenbarung drangend

    Geheimnisvoll das Weltenwort:

    Erfulle deiner Arbeit Ziele

    Mit meinem Geisteslicht

    Zu opfern dich durch mich.

    "In my Being's Depths speaks,

    Urging me to Revelation,

    Mysteriously, the World-Word:

    'Fill your Work's Aims

    With My Spirit-Light

    To offer yourself up through Me' "

    An interpretation:

    This week, the divine world speaks in the soul's depths in a way we can sense, saying that if our deeds will be filled with its Light, we can be its channels to others, offering ourselves through it.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, December 13th. Moon Scorpio. Friedrich Hebbel died 1863.

    Monday,  December 14th. Moon Sagittarius Tycho Brahe born 1546.

    Tuesday,  December 15th. Moon Sagittarius. St. Ignatius.

    Wednesday,  December 16th. Moon Capricorn. New Moon. Ludwig van Beethoven born 1770. Wilhelm Grimm died 1878.

    .

    Thursday,  December 17th. Moon Capricorn. Day of Lazarus, he who by Christ was awakened.

     .

    Friday,   December 18th. Moon Capricorn.  Lamarck died 1829.

    Saturday,   December 19th . Moon Aquarius. Abraham.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky from sunset till midnight, still ruling the night sky. The crescent moon will be near it Saturday night. Bright yellowish-red Mars rises in the East shortly before midnight.