5100Soul-Calendar, Week 35 after Easter

    Dec 6, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 240 KB
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through January 4th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 3 5  *

    Kann ich das Sein erkennen

    Dass es sich wiederfindet

    Im Seelenschaffensdrange?

    Ich fuhle, das mir Macht verlieh'n

    Das eigne Selbst dem Weltenselbst

    Als Glied bescheiden einzuleben.

    Can I so know Existence

    That it is found again

    In my Soul's Creative Urge?

    I feel that Might is lent me

    For my Self to live at one with

    and be a modest instrument of the World-Self.

    An interpretation based on working with the mantra.

       Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, we found, within this growing self-consciousness, the World's power flowing into deeds in such a way that the Self could imprint its nature onto the world.

     This week the soul seeks to so know the world that it is that world, not just the
    self, which works creatively in us; and we feel power lent us to so be one
    with the world.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, December 6th. Moon Leo. Nikolaus (Legend: A father, on the way to Hunger and Poverty, was going to hand over his three daughters to shamefulness; Nikolaus discovered this and at night threw a bundle of gold through the man's window, enough to provide his three daughters with a dowry and for the man to live on. From this the tradition, that on this day we give gifts to children.)
    Max Muller the  Orientalist born 1833.

    Monday,  December 7th. Moon Virgo.   First German railroad opened 1835.

    Tuesday,  December 8th. Moon Virgo.  Festival of the Conception of Mary (Remembrance of the conception without sin of Mary through her mother Anna).  Herbert Spencer died 1903.

    Wednesday,  December 9th. Moon Libra. Poet Milton born1608.

    .

    Thursday,  December 10th. Moon Libra. 1520 Luther burns Papal Bull.

     .

    Friday,   December 11th. Moon Scorpio.    1843 Robert Koch born.

    Saturday,   December 12th . Moon Scorpio.   Albrecht von Haller died 1777.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky from sunset till midnight, still ruling the night sky. Bright yellow-red Mars rises in the east about midnight. The moon is close to it Sunday & Monday nights.

    Windows Live Hotmail gives you a free,exclusive gift. Click here to download.
  • Show all 6 messages in this topic