5099Soul-Calendar, Week 34 after Easter

    Nov 29, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 50 KB

       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from November 10th to 30th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 3 4  *

    Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
    Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
    Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
    Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
    In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
    Und werdend
    mich ins Dasein prägen.

    Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
    With newly-arisen Self-Being
    Within me I feel enlivened:
    It shall let flow awakened World-Power
    Into my Life's outer work
    And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

    Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, this inner
    self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the
    world, and saw it, without our soul's participation on it, as an icy, dead
    wasteland---and that all we create detached from the world would likewise be
    dead. Now, we find within this new growing self-consciousness, in a
    mysterious way, all our precious treasure of experience again come to life,
    and thus the World's power now consciously flows into the deeds of life in
    such a way that the self can imprint its nature onto the world.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, November 29th. Moon Taurus.   Alexander.

    Monday,  November 30th. Moon Taurus.  1756 The Physicist Chladni born.

    Tuesday,  December 1st. Moon Gemini. Full Moon.    Longinus.

    Wednesday,  December 2nd. Moon Gemini.  Cortez d. 1547.

    Thursday,  December 3rd. Moon Cancer. St. Francis Xavier.

    Friday,   December 4th. Moon Cancer.  Thomas Carlyle b. 1795. Galvani d. 1798.

    Saturday,   December 5th . Moon Leo.   Mozart died 1791.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky from sunset till midnight, still ruling the night sky. Mars rises in the east about midnight.