5092Soul-Calendar, Week 30 after Easter

    Nov 1, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 460 KB
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th to November 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, indigo) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                  ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

    *  M A N T R A  # 3 0  *

    Es spriessen mir im Seelensonnenlicht

    Des Denkens reife Früchte

    In Selbstbewusstseins Sicherheit

    Verwandelt alles Fühlen sich.

    Empfinden kann ich freudevoll

    Des Herbstes Geisterwachen:

    Der Winter wird in mir

    Den Seelensommer wecken.

    There sprouts in Soul-Sun-Light

    The ripening Fruits of Thinking

    Into Self-Consciousness' certainty

    Transforming all Feelings.

    I can perceive joyously

    The Autumn's Spirit-Watch:

    The Winter becomes in me

    The Soul-Summer's wakening.

        The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

         Last week, we felt a growing power of Thinking as the gift of our Summer experience, making sense out of all that seemed senseless, giving us a feeling of a rest and an expectation of good in the coming Winter.

         This week, we feel this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakens fully.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, November 1st. Moon Taurus. Catholic Festival of All Hallows ((became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.)

    Monday,  November 2nd. Moon Taurus. Full Moon.  Festival of All Souls (since 1020 as a Catholic Festival established).

    Tuesday,  November 3rd. Moon Gemini. Malachi (the Prophet).

    Wednesday,  November 4th. Moon Gemini. 1493 Columbus landed in Guadaloupe.

    .

    Thursday,  November 5th. Moon Gemini. 1494 Hans Sachs born.

     .

    Friday,   November 6th. Moon Cancer. 1771 Senefelder, the inventor of Lithography, born.

    Saturday,   November 7th. Moon Cancer.  1775 Goethe entered into Weimar.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky.