5088Soul-Calendar, Week 28 after Easter

    Oct 18, 2009
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th to November 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, indigo) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                  ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 8  *

    Ich kann in Innern neu belebt

    Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten

    Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen

    Aus Seelensonnenmacht

    Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,

    Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,

    Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

    I can in Inner newly alive

    Feel my own Essence widen

    And power-filled Thinking-rays

    Out of Soul's Sun-Might

    Life-Riddles loosening giving,

    Lending fulfillment to many Wishes

    That before even the Hope for had had its wings lamed.

    This week's mantra:

       The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer.

       This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.

       This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self into the wide world, and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life; which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, October 18th. Moon Scorpio. Luke (the Evangelist).

    Monday, October 19th. Moon Scorpio. Ptolemäus.

    Tuesday, October 20th. Moon Sagittarius. Arthur.

    Wednesday, October 21st. Moon Sagittarius. Ursula (dignitary with 11,000 maidens imprisoned and executed by the Huns).

    .

    Thursday,  October 22nd. Moon Sagittarius. 1811 Franz Liszt born.

     .

    Friday,  October 23rd. Moon Capricorn. Ignatius.

    Saturday,  October 24th. Moon Capricorn.  Raphael (the Archangel).

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky.