5078Soul-Calendar, Week 24 after Easter

    Sep 20, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 29 KB

    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, indigo) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                  ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 4  *

    Sich selbst erschaffend stets,

    Wird Seelensein sich selbst gewahr;

    Der Weltengeist, er strebet fort

    In Selbsterkenntnis neu belebt

    Und schafft aus Seelenfinsternis

    Des selbstsinns Willensfrucht .

    In continually shaping one's Self,

    The Soul's Being becomes of itself aware;

    The World-Spirit, it strives forward

    In Self-Knowledge newly living

    And shapes out of Soul-Darkness

    The Self-sense's Will-Fruit.

    This week's mantra:

       The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time: in the Summer 'waking dream-state' , while our consciousness was turned outwards to Nature, a spiritual 'seed' was planted, amd it now ripens into a Self-consciousness instead of Nature-consciousness.

       This week, the Soul becomes aware of itself through this constant creating of that Self; this Self is the World-Spirit itself in us, the universe aware of itself through us. This now reaches into the unconsious soul-contents; and through awareness of this Self, our conscious Will ia able to bear its fruit, our creations.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, September 20th. Moon Libra. Castor.

    Monday, September 21st. Moon Scorpio.  Matthew (the Evangelist).

    Tuesday, September 22nd. Moon Scorpio. 1452 Savanarola born.

    Wednesday, September 23rd. Moon Sagittarius. 63 B.C. Augustus born.

    .

    Thursday, September 24th. Moon Sagttarius. 1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.

     .

    Friday, September 25th. Moon Capricorn. First Quarter. Cleophas (he who was a leader in the Gospels).

    Saturday, September 26th. Moon Capricorn.  Justina, who converted the Cyprian Magicians.

                Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky. The waxing moon, almost half-full, will be seen near it Saurday night.

    Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web. Try Bing™ now
  • Show all 8 messages in this topic