5076Soul-Calendar, Week 22 after Easter

    Sep 6, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 61 KB

    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.s

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to September 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, blue) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                  ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 2  *

    Das Lichte aus Weltenweiten,

    Im Innern lebt es kräftig fort:

    Es wird zum Seelenlichte

    Und leuchtet in die Geistestiefen,

    Um Früchte zu entbinden,

    Die Menschenselbst aus Weltenselbst

    Im Zeitenlaufe reifen lassen.

    The Light out of World-Widenesses

    In my Inner lives as a continuing power;

    It turns into Soul-Light

    And shines in Spirit-deeps,

    The Fruit to unbind,

    That Man's Self out of World's Self

    In Time's course will allow to ripen.

    This week's mantra (an interpretation based on working with the verse):

        Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within, releasing the fruit of its working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the time of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a summer dream-state. Our "Nature-Consciousness" strives to become inner "Self Consciousness", ---- but at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to "lean" on outer things for consciousness. This is why the symbol of the warrior archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have courage, for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness wanes, but rather wake up.

          This week's verse is the first appearance of Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, September 6th. Moon Aries. Zacharias the Prophet. 1729 Moses Mendelssohn born. 1809 the Biblical critic Bruno Bauer born

    Monday, September 7th. Moon Aries.  Regina

    Tuesday, September 8th. Moon Taurus. Birth of Mary. Corbinianus, spreader of Christianity in France and Germany in the 8th century.

    Wednesday, September 9th. Moon Taurus. 1828 Tolstoy born.

    .

    Thursday, September 10th. Moon Gemini. Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).

     .

    Friday, September 11th. Moon Gemini. Last QuarterAbraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew People).

    Saturday, September 12th. Moon Cancer.  Tobias.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky.