5073Soul-Calendar, Week 21 after Easter

    Aug 29, 2009
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.s

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to September 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, blue) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                  ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 1  *

    Ich fühle fruchtend fremde Macht

    Sich stärkend mir mich selbst verleihn,

    Den Keim empfind ich reifend

    Und Ahnung lichtvoll weben

    Im Innern an der Selbstheit Macht.

    I feel bearing fruit a foreign Power

    Which strengthens me, my self to bestow,

    I sense the Seed ripening

    And a premonition of light-filled weaving together

    Of my Innermost onto the Selfhood's Might.

        Last week one felt one's self for the first time since 'losing' it in the Summer light & warmth; but along with this was an acute sense that one would perish along with all one's creations if built from that self alone.

       This week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking dream-state' reaches a stage of ripening where it may begin to bestow on us a 'spiritual Self' instead; and we have a strong fore-sensing this will be able to join with the deepest inner forces which the ordinary self would not be able to tap into.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, August 30th. Moon Capricorn.  1856 John Ross, the discoverer of the magnetic North Pole died.

    Monday, August 31st. Moon Aquarius. Joshua, the successor to Moses. 1821 the Natural Scientist Helmholtz born.

    Tuesday, September 1st. Moon Aquarius. Firminus.

    .

    Wednesday, September 2nd. Moon Pisces. Absalom.

    .

    Thursday, September 3rd. Moon Pisces. Eusebius.

     .

    Friday, September 4th. Moon Pisces. Full Moon. Marcellus, School of Peter. Moses.

    Saturday, September 5th. Moon Aries. Nathaniel (he who in John's Gospel was named a 'true Israelite').

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky. The almost-full moon will be seen near it Tuesday and Wednesday nights.