5062Soul-Calendar, Week 17 after Easter

    Aug 2, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 27 KB

       Dr. Rudolf Steiner
    gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, green) of a new symbolic image of the CRAB from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 1 7 *

    Es spricht das Weltenwort,

    Das ich durch Sinnestore

    In Seelengründen durfte führen:

    Erfülle deine Geistestiefen

    Mit meinen Weltenweiten,

    Zu finden einstens mich in dir.

    There speaks the World-Word,

    That I through the Senses' Gate

    Would lead into the Soul's Ground:

    "Fill your Spirit-Deeps

    With my World-Widenesses

    To find one day Me in you."

       An interpretation based on working with the mantra: The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in the World-Self.

       This week that world speaks to us through the senses' beauty which we take in to the soul's depths, saying that, as we fill our "I" with
    the expanse of the world, its very essence will become something permanently part of us, which we'll discover later in the year.

                   ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, August 2nd. Moon Capricorn. Hannibal. 1832 Olcott born.

    Monday, August 3rd. Moon Capricorn,  1492 Start of the first Voyage of Columbus.

    Tuesday, August 4th. Moon Aquarius. Dominic (Founder of the Dominican Order). Josias, King of Judea. Josias, the Prophet. Tertullian. Aristarchus. 1792 the Poet Shelley born.

    Wednesday, August 5th. Moon Aquarius. Full Moon. 1396 Gutenberg born.

    Thursday, August 6th. Moon Aquarius.   Sixtus.

    Friday, August 7th. Moon Pisces.  Asra. Cajetan. Donatus. Petrus and Julianus. Ulrika.

    Saturday, August 8th. Moon Pisces.  Cyriacus. Justinus. Romanus. Eseverus. Smaragdus. Ladislaus.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from shortly after sunset till dawn. The almost-full moon is near it Sunday and Monday nights August 2nd and 3rd. The full moon Wednesday night will be eclipsed for an hour, about 9PM EST.

    PLANETS in the Morning Sky: Before sunrise, Venus and Mars are visible in the East. Mars is close to the brilliant orange-reddish "Bull's Eye", Aldebaran, while Venus is lower down, closer to the horizon, amongst the stars of the Twins.

    Get back to school stuff for them and cashback for you. Try BingT now.
  • Show all 5 messages in this topic