5056Calendar of the Soul, Week 14 after Easter: SUMMER

    Jul 13, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 57 KB
    ******* Sorry to be late with this week's Calendar.  ---starman

                       The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner
    gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, orange) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 1 4 (Summer) *

    An Sinnesoffenbarung hingegeben,

    Verlor ich mein Eigenwesens Trieb,

    Gedankentraum, er schien

    Betäubend mir das Selbst zu rauben,

    Doch weckend nahet schon

    In Sinnenschein mir Weltendanken.

    To Senses' offerings given over

    I lose Self-Essence's Drive;

    Dreaminess of Thinking, it seems

    To stupefy me, the Self to rob,

    But a waking now approaches

    From Senses' Shining in me of World-Thinking.

    An interpretation based on working with the mantra:

         The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world through perception, we are to find our "selves" again in the World-Self. This is the St. John's experience of "I must decrease that He may increase."

       This week that World-Thinking, the Ideas the Spirit uses to build Nature, now begins to approach us in our summer waking-dream state, where we are immersed in the senses' beauty, and there is a fore-taste of the waking we experience later in the year, at summer's end.

    The motif of St. John's/Midsummer: "To find yourself, first lose yourself."

                   ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *******

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, July 12th. Moon Pisces, 1536 Erasmus of Rotterdam died.

    Monday, July 13th. Moon Aries, 1889 Robert Hamerling died.

    Tuesday, July 14th. Moon Aries. 1801 Johannes Müller (the Natural Scientist) born.

    Wednesday, July 15th. Moon Taurus. The Day that, according to legend, the Apostles set out on their missions and each chose a different region to go to. 1099 The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.

    Thursday, July 16th. Moon Taurus. The Flight of Muhammed 622 A.D. (Hegira).

    Friday, July 17th. Moon Gemini.  Leo IV.

    Saturday, July 18th. Moon Gemini.  St. Thomas Aquinas.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky: Saturn is visible in the West from sunset on for a few hours, beneath the stars of the Lion.

    Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the south from a few hours after sunset till dawn.

    PLANETS in the Morning Sky: Before sunrise, Venus and Mars are visible in the East amongst the dim stars of the Fishes every morning this week.

    Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Find, add, and share the best celeb pics, right from Hotmail. Check it out.