5036Soul-Calendar, Week 6 after Easter

    May 18, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 93 KB
                        The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

    Dr. Rudolf Steiner
    gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

    The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era.
    A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, orange) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    *   M A N T R A  #6 *

    Es ist erstanden aus der Eigenheit

    Mein Selbst und findet sich

    Als Weltenoffenbarung

    In Zeit- und Raumeskräften;

    Die Welt, sie zeigt mir überall

    Als göttlich Urbild

    Des eignen Abbilds Wahrheit.

    There has arisen out of my Egohood

    My Self, and it finds itself

    As World-Revelation

    In Time- and Space-forces;

    The World, it points out to me everywhere

    As godly Archetypal picture

    My own Image’s truth.

    An interpretation:

      We can see that the spiritual essence working in Nature, as the transformation of spring goes on around us in time and space, is an image of our true Self, which this week rises out of our ego-consciousness to find itself mirrored there. Last week, we saw forces of the astral body (soul) pictured there; this week, the Ego.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, May 17th. Moon Pisces. Last Quarter. Bruno Magnus, Russian Apostle of the 11th century.

     .

    Monday, May 18th. Moon Pisces.  Isabella.

    .

    Tuesday, May 19th. Moon Aries.  J.G. Fichte born 1762.

    .

    Wednesday, May 20th. Moon Aries.   Columbus died 1506. John Stuart Mill born 1806..

    .

    Thursday, May 21st. Moon Aries.   Albrecht Dürer born 1471.

     .

    Friday, May 22nd. Moon Taurus.  Richard Wagner born 1813.

    Saturday, May 23rd. Moon Taurus.  Savanarola burnt at the stake 1498.

    .

    PLANETS in the Night Sky: Saturn is visible in the South from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion.