4963Soul-Calendar, Week 34 after Easter

    Nov 9 2:02 PM

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from Nov. 10th to Nov. 30th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 4  *

      Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
      Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
      Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
      Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
      In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
      Und werdend
      mich ins Dasein prägen.

      Mysteriously what is preserved of Old,
      With newly-arisen Self-Being
      Within me I feel enlivened:
      It shall let flow awakened World-Power
      Into my Life's outer work
      And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

      Some help to interpreting this week's mantra:
            Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness (as opposed to outer, summer "Nature-Consciouness") grows.

          Last week, this inner self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the outer world, and saw it, without our soul's participation on it, as an icy, dead wasteland---and saw likewise that all we create detached from the world would likewise be dead.

          Now, we find within our new growing self-consciousness, in a mysterious way, all our precious treasure of past experience again coming to life --- and thus the World's power (working on within us) now consciously flows into the deeds of our lives in such a way that the Self can imprint its nature onto the world.

      Sunday, November 9th. Moon Aries.
       Day of Remembrance of 40 Martyrs, who because they refused to participate in a Feast to pagan gods, were murdered by the Langobards.

      Monday, November 10th. Moon Aries. 1483 Luther born. 1759 Schiller born.

      Tuesday, November 11th. Moon Taurus.  St. Martin's Day.

      Wednesday, November 12th. Moon Taurus.  Full Moon.  1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.

      Thursday, November 13th. Moon Gemini. Nicholas I (was in the 9th century as Pope defender of celibacy for priests).

      Friday, November 14th. Moon Gemini. 1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died. 1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.

      Saturday, November 15th. Moon Cancer.  Albertus Magnus (the great scholar and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas Aquinas). 1630 Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born. 1741 Lavater born.

         JUPITER is the bright white 'star' in the southwest at sunset. To its right in the southern sky may be seen brilliant Venus, the 'evening star' above the setting sun. These are the 2 brightest things in the sky after sun and moon. Venus will get closer and closer to Jupiter every night through late November when they will be conjunct.

      Dr. Starman

      Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic