4954Soul-Calendar, Week 31 after Easter

    Oct 19, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the SCALES (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 1  *

      Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,

      Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:

      Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft

      Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,

      Um Kräfte zu entbinden,

      Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben

      In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

      The Light out of Spirit-Deeps

      Strives outwards like the Sun:

      It turns into Life-Will-Force

      And shines into the Senses' Dullness,

      The Powers to unbind,

      That Shaping-Might out of Soul-Drives

      In Man's Work will let ripen.

      This week's mantra:

          The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

         Last week, we felt this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakened fully.

          This week, the verse focuses our attention on the spiritual light of thinking and how it seeks to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating the otherwise dull sense-existence, and thus turning the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces

      .

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, October 19th. Moon Cancer.

         Ptolemäus.
      Monday, October 20th. Moon Cancer.
         Arthur.
      Tuesday, October 21st. Moon Leo. Last Quarter.

        Ursula (dignitary with 11,000 maidens imprisoned and executed by the Huns).
      Wednesday, October 22nd. Moon Leo.

         1811 Franz Liszt born.
      Thursday, October 23rd. Moon Virgo.

          Ignatius.

      Friday, October 24th. Moon Virgo.

        Raphael (the Archangel).
      Saturday, October 25th. Moon Libra.

         1806 Max Stirner born.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

         JUPITER is the bright white 'star' in the southwest at sunset. To its right in the southern sky may be seen brilliant Venus, the 'evening star' above the setting sun. These are the 2 brightest things in the sky after sun and moon. Venus will get closer and closer to Jupiter every night through late November when they will be conjunct.