4944Soul-Calendar, Week 28 after Easter

    Sep 28, 2008
      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this e-mail.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 8  *

      Ich kann in Innern neu belebt

      Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten

      Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen

      Aus Seelensonnenmacht

      Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,

      Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,

      Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

      I can in my Inner nature, newly enlivened,

      Feel my own Essence widen,

      And power-filled Thinking-rays

      Out of Soul's Sun-Might

      Life-Riddles loosening giving,

      Lending fulfillment to many Wishes

      That before, all Hope for had had its wings lamed.

         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer.

         This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.

         This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self into the wide world, and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life---- which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, September 28th. Moon Libra. 1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.

      Monday, September 29th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Michael (the Archangel).

      Tuesday, September 30th. Moon Libra. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church teacher.

      Wednesday, October 1st. Moon Scorpio. 1386 Founding of the University of Heidelburg.  1847 Annie Besant born.

      Thursday, October 2nd. Moon Scorpio. Frumentius (spreader of Christianity in Ethiopia in the 4th Century). 1892 Ernst Renan died.

      Friday, October 3rd. Moon Sagittarius. Dionysius the Aeropagite, comrade of Paul. Jairus (in Matthew's Gospel). Simplicius.

      Saturday, October 4th. Moon Sagittarius. Marcianus (spreader of Christianity in Egypt in the 4th Century).1226 Francis of Assizi died.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

         JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset and dominating the southern night sky. It has been the only 'evening star' but Venus is now becoming visible each night just above the setting sun. The crescent of the waning moon will approach it by the end of the week.