4934Soul-Calendar, Week 25 after Easter

    Sep 7, 2008
      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 5  *

      Ich darf nun mir gehören

      Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht

      In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.

      Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,

      Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen

      Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten

      In kalte Winterfluten.

      I now must belong only to myself

      And lightening, spread Inner Light

      Into Space and Time darkness.

      As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,

      The Souls's Deeps shall awaken

      And waking, carry the Sun's Glow

      Into the cold Winter-flowing.

      This week's mantram:

         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Outer Nature is heading towards 'Sleep' while we awaken.

         Last week in the soul, there was an intense becoming aware of itself which reached down into the dark soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed.

        This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, September 7th. Moon Sagittarius. First Quarter. Regina.

      Monday, September 8th. Moon Capricorn. Birth of Mary.

                                                         Corbinianus, spreader of Christianity in France & Germany in the 8th century.

      Tuesday, September 9th. Moon Capricorn. 1828 Tolstoy born.

      Wednesday, September 10th. Moon Capricorn. Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).

      Thursday, September 11th. Moon Aquarius. Abraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew People).

      Friday, September 12th. Moon Aquarius. Tobias.

      Saturday, September 13th. Moon Pisces. 1872 the Philosopher Ludwig  Feuerbach died.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

         JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset and dominating the southern night sky. The moon will pass by it Monday and Tuesday nights. It has been the only 'evening star' but Venus is now becoming visible each night above the setting sun.