4929RE: [steiner] RE: RS re true internationalism

    Sep 2 6:38 PM
      *******Well, I have no idea what the 'WC' is, who an anthroposophical 'Judas' is, and I'm willing to bet no one else in this list does. It illustrates what I mean by not cross-posting: sounds like any healthy approach to the science of the spirit has been poisoned in some places on the internet by strange fixed opinions. You'd have to explain what the devil they (and you) are talking about for anyone sane to follow, since none of that has any relation to the study of Steiner, the practice of anthroposophy in the arts, schools, etc.

         Look, we're a tiny movement that most people could care less about. If we can be made to seem like a wierdo cult, people might listen --- but then they'd say, "Well what have these people done?" "Start schools, farms with their kooky ideas." "Yawn." I don't think anyone's going to succeed in enflaming public opinion against us easily. If people hadn't sought government money for Waldorf schools we wouldn't have anyone ranting about us maybe being a cult. But one of the 6 preparatory exercises is courage, not listening to fear. Responding to slander is important, but not letting evil people determine your attitude.

      >>It's not really worth paying attention to except
      as a symptom of the 'politics of personal
      destruction' practiced these days ----don't debate
      a person's ideas, imply they're a 'Nazi', a
      'racist', etc. and that will dispose of them to
      the ignorant--- but when Steiner is slandered, we
      as anthroposophists are required to respond.
      There's lots more that could be quoted to refute
      this libel, but I wanted to make it clear there
      aren't lots of people talking about this
      accusation, it's the creation of a few with an
      axe to grind.<<

      Robert writes:

      I was alluding mainly to the “talk” in the Yahoo
      groups such as the WC, much of which has spilled
      over into the Anthro groups, thanks in part to
      Tom. But I was also alluding to the wider world,
      both cyberspace and meatspace. I gather, again
      from Tom in part, that there is plenty of such
      talk over in Europe, especially Germany. And, as
      you probably know, in much of Europe, especially
      Germany, accusations of “racism” can have serious
      legal consequences.

      And I think it would be a mistake to assume that
      all the people doing that “talking” don’t “know”
      or haven’t “studied” Steiner, in the ordinary
      sense. Some of the people over in the WC have
      obviously read a lot of Steiner, probably more
      than have most Anthros. I look in over there once
      in a while, and I keep seeing Steiner-saids that I
      hadn’t seen before. And now we have our self-
      proclaimed Anthro “Judas”, who seems to know his
      way around in Anthro circles in the US, and
      apparently also in Europe.

      .

      See what people are saying about Windows Live. Check out featured posts. Check It Out!
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic