4925Soul-Calendar, Week 24 after Easter

    Aug 31, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to Sept. 7th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the LION (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 2 4  *

      Sich selbst erschaffend stets,

      Wird Seelensein sich selbst gewahr;

      Der Weltengeist, er strebet fort

      In Selbsterkenntnis neu belebt

      Und schafft aus Seelenfinsternis

      Des selbstsinns Willensfrucht .

      In continually shaping one's Self,

      Soul's Being becomes of itself aware;

      The World-Spirit, it strives forward

      In Self-Knowledge newly living

      And shapes out of Soul-Darkness

      The Self-sense's Will-Fruit.

         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time: in the Summer 'waking dream-state' , while our consciousness was turned outwards to Nature, a spiritual 'seed' was planted, amd it now ripens into a Self-consciousness instead of Nature-consciousness; that which has been gained from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience. We begin to wake up out of our summer waking-dream state.

           This week, as this process is ongoing,  the Soul becomes aware of itself through the constant creating of that Self; this Self is the World-Spirit itself in us, the universe aware of itself through us. This now reaches into the dark soul-contents; and through this sensing of Self, the Will, its fruit, is unleashed.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, August 31st. Moon Virgo. Joshua, the successor to Moses.

                                                                1821 the Natural Scientist Helmholtz born.

      Monday, September 1st. Moon Libra. Firminus.

      Tuesday, September 2nd. Moon Libra. Absalom.

      Wednesday, September 3rd. Moon Scorpio. Eusebius.

      Thursday, September 4th. Moon Scorpio. Marcellus, School of Peter. Moses.

      Friday, September 5th. Moon Scorpio. Nathaniel (he who in John's Gospel was named a 'true Israelite').

      Saturday, September 6th. Moon Sagittarius.Zacharias the Prophet.

                                                                              1729 Moses Mendelssohn born.

                                                                              1809 the Biblical critic Bruno Bauer born.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

         JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset and dominating the southern night sky. It is currently the only 'evening star' but Venus will soon join it.

      Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger. Find Out How
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic