4914Re: think piece: Is the Internet good or bad for the Consciousness Soul?

  • carol
    Aug 25, 2008

      Robert,  when  I wrote: "where 'self centered ambition' is recognized to be fully absent",  I really meant it, in a thorough sense.

      Let me elaborate a little... meaning  that,  'once one, lets say me, has ascertained,  using whatever means I freely will, be it thought,  inner vision, inner full body experience, angelic or disincarnate resource spirit beings etc etc;  that  a given anthroposophist expressing him/her self within discussion is reflecting an earnest attempt to widen their spiritual knowledge/experience through the act of  socialization,  AND thus NOT intentionaly  pursuing  a self centered, one man/woman mission, THEN there exists a possibility for  more positive stuff to thrive within the exchange,  more than that of mere ideas.

      However,  in retrosopect,  I understand that it's hard to draw a line here, seeing as people are known to unconsciously pursue selfish interests.  But all the same,  if such an individual where expressing themselve in a  truly genuine fashion,  even if  a condition of 'fault' were present,  good things would  still transcend from the  sharing in 'conversation'.  The 'fault element' would be shuffled a little by underlying soul forces....

      OK,  can you see that?

      Also,  in this exchange,  I've raised the topic of discussion just a little bit to a more superficial plane than it was in the original post - though certainly not to the extreme that you did.

      Do you recognize this?

      carol.

      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Mason" <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

      > --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "carol" organicethics@ wrote:
      >
      > > I think within the activity of 'an anthroposophical' discussion, where
      > > 'self centered ambition' is recognized to be fully absent, there
      > occurs
      > > a little more positive stuff than a mere exchange of abstract ideas
      > and
      > > concepts.
      >
      > Of course there is no personal ambition among
      > Anthros; we have all risen above that.
      >
      > Are you in the market for a slightly used
      > suspension bridge?
      >
      > Robert

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic