4844Soul-Calendar, Week 17 after Easter

    Jul 13, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the TWINS (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 7 *

      Es spricht das Weltenwort,

      Das ich durch Sinnestore

      In Seelengründen durfte führen:

      Erfülle deine Geistestiefen

      Mit meinen Weltenweiten,

      Zu finden einstens mich in dir.

      There speaks the World-Word,

      That I through the Senses' Gate

      Would let lead to Soul's Ground:

      'Fill your Spirit-Deeps

      With my World-Widenesses

      To find one day Me in you.'

      An interpretation:

          The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our 'selves' again in the World-Self.

         This week that world speaks to us through the senses' beauty which we take in to the soul's depths, saying that as we fill our 'I' with
      the expanse of the world its very essence will become something permanently part of us.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, July 13th. Moon Sagittarius. 1889 Robert Hamerling died.

      Monday, July 14th. Moon Sagittarius. 1801 Johannes Müller (the Natural Scientist) born.

      Tuesday, July 15th. Moon Sagittarius. The Day that, according to legend, the Apostles set out on their missions and each chose a different region to go to. 1099 The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.

      Wednesday July 16th. Moon Capricorn.  The Flight of Muhammed 622 A.D. (Hegira).

      Thursday, July 17th. Moon Capricorn. Leo IV.

      Friday, July 18th. Moon Capricorn. Full Moon. St. Thomas Aquinas.

      Saturday, July 19th. Moon Aquarius.  St. Vincent de Paul.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

         SATURN and MARS are both in the West at sunset, close to the Heart of the Lion, Regulus.

         JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset. The full moon will be quite close to it.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman. com

      Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.

      Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic