4825Soul-Calendar, Week 16 after Easter

    Jul 6, 2008
      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the TWINS (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 6 *

      Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,

      Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,

      Dass reifend Gottesgaben

      In Seelengründen fruchtend

      Der Selbstheit Früchte bringen.

      To save the Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self

      Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,

      So that those ripening God-gifts

      In the Soul’s Ground bearing fruit

      The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

        An interpretation:  The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the summer play of
      light and warmth, to find ourselves in a different way later in the year; and
      this is just what the past few week's verses have pictured.

         Now, this Spirit we surrendered to so strongly has wrapped itself about the Ego, planting
      seeds we sense will grow towards the future, and as they ripen, our own abilities will.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, July 6th. Moon Virgo.  Hus born 1369; Hus burned at the stake 1415. 1502 University of Wittenberg founded.

      Monday, July 7th. Moon Virgo. Demetrius.

      Tuesday, July 8th. Moon Libra. Aquila and Priscilla.

      Wednesday July 9th. Moon Libra. Anatolia.

      Thursday, July 10th. Moon Scorpio. First Quarter. 1509 Calvin born.

      Friday, July 11th. Moon Scorpio. Pius I.

      Saturday, July 12th. Moon Scorpio. 1536 Erasmus of Rotterdam died.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

         SATURN and MARS are both in the West at sunset, close to the Heart of the Lion, Regulus. The three make a small triangle. The crescent moon will appear close to all three on Sunday and Monday nights, to their left and moving further away each night.

         JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset.

      Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger. IM on your terms.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic