      From: Durward Starman <DrStarman@...>
      To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, July 3, 2008 12:17:17 PM
      Subject: RE: [steiner] New here

      ******* Welcome to our group, sir. We have a few hundred members, but unfortunately most are apparently not much interested in communicating or discussing, and in fact join the group but set their membership controls to NOT receive our group's e-mails---- which puzzles me as to why they even join, then. So here, weeks or months may go by with little communication or use of the group except by a handful of people--- unfortunate when you consider the treasure trove of anthroposophy. But then, several other online groups suffer from TOO MUCH "communication" which I'm afraid is quite unworthy of anthroposophy, such as political attacks, emotional outbursts not thought through, and speculation with the mere intellect rather than meditatively acquired knowledge. So we must settle for quality rather than quantity!

          Perhaps you can tell us what your interests are and start some communication going among the few who will see what you may write here in real time. (The others presumably go sometimes to the web site and read what we have written and so sometimes will write something months later, so you can't always expect a response quickly --- nor can they see any diagrams or images attached to our messages, as Yahoo no longer saves these.)

         I specialize in developing the new approach to astrology, called astrosophy, and also was trained and worked as a Waldorf high school science teacher as well as a speech person for eurythmy. I am an artist and musician, and have also studied the "readings" of the American psychic Edgar Cayce all my life, here in Virginia Beach. I was asked to manage this list by the owner.

      Starman
      www.DrStarman. com

      To: steiner@yahoogroups .com
      From: iganet2002@yahoo. com
      Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 04:39:26 -0700
      Subject: [steiner] New here

      Dear Lists

      Greetings.

      My name is Rev. Ibiso Igani. I am from Nigeria and a Christian interested in esoteric christianity. I am new to Anthroposophy and Dr. Steiner's works. I am glad to find this forum which I think will enable to learn.

      May the blessings of the Lord be with you.

      Yours in Christ

      Rev. Ibiso Igani

      Do more with your photos with Windows Live Photo Gallery. Get Windows Live-Free

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic