4803Re: Spirit Orbs

  • happypick2000
    Jun 18, 2008

      > > Mathew, I've never visited caves in the Ozarks but have prowled
      >
      > > through Mammouth Cave and others in Kentucky's cave country. It seems
      >
      > > to me these "orbs" might possibly be what some locals call methane
      >
      > > globs, formed from escaping gases deep underground. I know nothing
      >
      > > more about such phenomena other than to say such globs in Kentucky
      >
      > > seem to be found in the very large open dave sections very deep
      >
      > > underground.
      >

      > > Thanks for all your contributions - they are enjoyed.
      >

      > > Sheila
      >

      > You really are well travelled, Sheila. No wonder you're so good at
      > travel-writing. I've never heard of methane globs before but
      > I'm certain there's a rational explanation of some kind.
      >

      > Here's another picture of an orb where there's no concentration
      > of escaping gas. The picture was taken by me outdoors, at the cave
      > entrance. This particular cave was on National Park land, so it was
      > gated. Look very closely at the "orb" above the man opening the
      > gate.

      WOW! Amazing. Surely there are sources for some response regarding
      these "objects?" The physics department of U of AK would most likely
      be knowledgeable from a materialistic standpoint about this particular
      mystery. Years ago in something of Steiner's he speaks of what I
      commonly call "swamp fire" - those strange lights seen in such places
      as Louisiana's many cypress swamp areas, and it seems to me he hints
      to the effect such gaseous releases are connected to certain spiritual
      impulses - as usual my reading is so continuous I seldom know where to
      find what! Does anyone on the list have any idea where this particular
      point might be found?

      Thanks, Mathew. Hopefully we'll be able to gain some comprehension of
      these phenomena.

      Cheers,