4769Soul-Calendar, Week 4 after Easter

    Apr 13, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the RAM (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      * M A N T R A # 4 *

      Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:

      So spricht Empfindung,

      Die in der sonnerhellten Welt

      Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;

      Sie will dem Denken

      Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken

      Und Mensch und Welt

      In Einheit fest verbinden.

      “I feel the essence of my essence”:

      So speaks Sensation,

      That in the sun-illumined World

      With flooding light becomes one;

      It will join warmth

      To Thinking‘s Clarity,

      And Man and World

      In oneness bind fast together.

          Our thinking is drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos. The returning light makes us feel our essence is similar to it, and as we join our thinking to the senses, we re-unite it with the world.

      Sunday, April 13th. Moon Leo.  Justin Martyr (famous Christian writer of the time of Marcus Aurelius).

      Monday, April 14th. Moon Leo.  Benedict Huygens, the great Physicist, born1629.

      Tuesday, April 15th. Moon Virgo.  Day of Remembrance of the Archangel Raphael.

      Wednesday April 16th. Moon Virgo.     Petrus (Christian writer of the 6th century).

      Thursday, April 17th. Moon Libra.  Benjamin Franklin died 1790.

      Friday, April 18th. Moon Libra.  Apollonius (Christian philosopher of the 2nd century).

      Saturday, April 19th. Moon Libra.
       Darwin died 1882.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY (Northern Hemisphere):

         MARS is on the meridian at sunset (close to directly overhead), near the foot of Castor (one of the Twins of Gemini).

          Yellowish SATURN is in the southeast at sunset, beneath the Lion's Heart, Regulus. It's the bright 'star' seen close to the Moon Tuesday night.

          JUPITER can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the southern sky from shortly after midnight till dawn, next to the stars of the Scorpion.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman. com (web site under remodeling)