4621Soul-Calendar, Week 34 after Easter

    Nov 25, 2007

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from Nov. 10th to 30th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 4  *

      Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
      Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
      Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
      Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
      In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
      Und werdend
      mich ins Dasein prägen.

      Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
      With newly-arisen Self-Being
      Within me I feel enlivened:
      It shall let flow awakened World-Power
      Into my Life's outer work
      And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

      This week's mantra:
      Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, this inner
      self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the world, and saw it, without our soul's participation on it, as an icy, dead wasteland---and that all we create, if detached from the world, would likewise be dead.

          Now, we find within this new growing self-consciousness, in a
      mysterious way, all our precious treasure of experience again come to life, and thus the World's power now consciously flows into the deeds of life in such a way that the self can imprint its nature onto the world.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, November 25th. Moon Gemini. 1814 the Physicist J. R. Mayer born.

      Monday, November 26th. Moon Cancer.

      Tuesday, November 27th. Moon Cancer. 1701 Celsius born.

      Wednesday November 28th. Moon Leo.  Feast day of Noah.

      Thursday, November 29th. Moon Leo.

      Friday, November 30th. Moon Virgo. 1756 The Physicist Chladni born.

      Saturday, December 1st. Moon Virgo. First Quarter.  Longinus.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY:

         MARS rises in the East before midnight, to the left of the stars of Orion the Hunter. It is bright yellowish-red, at its greatest brilliancy as it reaches opposition to the Sun over the next few months. During this time it will appear to stay in the same area of stars, as it does its 'retrograde loop': it will be back where it is right now, next to the stars at the foot of Castor (one of the Twins of Gemini) at the winter solstice, and there again at the vernal equinox. Mars will rise about an hour earlier each month, so it will be visible in the evening sky all winter. The waning moon is near it Monday and Tuesday nights.
         Just before sunrise, VENUS can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the East. Dimmer, yellowish SATURN is to the right of it, directly South, near the Lion's Heart, Regulus.

      Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Connect now!
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic