4592Re: Miscegenation?

  • christopherraymond_bio
    Nov 14, 2007
      Thanks for your view on the matter Duward. Dr. Steiner had darker
      hair color so in no way does that imply he was more materialistic.
      However, from "Before the Gates of Theosophy", Dr. Steiner is
      quoted:

      "A soul can be incarnated in any race, but if this soul doesn't
      become evil, it doesn't need to be reincarnated in a descending race,
      it will reincarnate later in a ascending race."

      Eventually, time permitting, I want delve into more serious study
      here. What does Dr. Steiner refer to in 'descending and ascending
      races'? He also spoke of how certain Souls will sacrifice themselves
      to incarnate into a descending race in order to help people, I doubt
      he was referring to races of the past, but instead, he referred to
      races that are co-existing today and that should not be co-existing
      if it were not for the influences of Ahriman and Lucifer.

      When we consider how Dr. Steiner is quoted speaking of the Huns
      having decaying astral and ether-bodies and that the Malayan race
      were degenerated because the nervous system hardened at a much too
      early stage and didn't stay soft long enough. And likewise, he made
      other statements about the Mongols.

      I hope other members do not mind sharing also because there is
      something more being spoken of here than merely 'root, or sub root-
      races', I think.
      Chris.

      > >>Duward let us first put everything aside and ask a
      question: "What did Dr. Steiner believe about miscegenation?"

      > *******Well, why don't you find a quote by him on the subject and
      post it? Myself, I've never read a single remark of Dr. Steiner's
      even remotely suggesting that people of one race shouldn't marry
      another.

      > >>... would he have said "Do not place any importance on it?"
      >
      > *******I believe anthroposophy does not, yes, so he would have.
      > >>Now referring specifically to culture: One way to bring about a
      cultural mixing is through miscegenation....

      > ******* There are lots of white kids mimicking black culture
      without having to have black fathers.
      > Here is the quote taken from "Health and Illness in 1922:"I am
      convinced that if we get yet another set of Negro novels and give
      them to pregnant women to read, then Negroes do not have to come to
      Europe to conceive mulattos; just by reading Negro novels, half-blood
      children will be born in Europe" Durward, if Dr. Steiner did indeed
      say this (I think he did) let's investigate what he was teaching us
      and not fall into either white-washing thr matter, or the opposite
      angle in claiming he was a racist.
      > ****** Again: a book cannot have a "race", so that, to me, clearly
      shows he must have meant that, because what happens in the inner
      spirit has such an effect on the developing child, a woman reading
      stuff that is culturally low would have it affect her child. Same
      with the terrible music people listen to now, it affects their
      kids. I've said all I really wish to say on this subject. The
      essence of it is below. If others want to continue the thread, they
      can.
      > > Each spirit is an individual, a species unto itself. The 'soul'
      is what we know as the astral body. It is formed when the spirit
      comes down towards incarnation. There are different types of astral
      bodies, and they are formed to incarnate into a suitable body, yes.
      But it's not quite that there is a "Chinese soul" or a "Negro soul".
      That's an approximate way of speaking. The exact way is a "Mars
      soul", "Jupiter soul", and so on. But a Mars soul could incarnate as
      an American Indian OR as a Caucasian who relates a lot to Indian
      culture and is very war-like (even ruddy-complexioned or reddish-
      skinned), OR as a black man who has a shock of red hair and acts like
      a warrior---viz., Malcolm X. > These are not, however, like grades in
      school, with each one being above another, any more than an animal
      spirit is going from third grade to fourth to experience being a
      moose then a dog then a whale. It's a lateral movement, not vertical.
      > I do not see the mixing of races speeding up materialism, nor
      avoiding same helping to slow it down. I see thinking about spiritual
      things, not physical ones like race, countering it. Starman
      > www.DrStarman.com
      > .

      > Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word
      scramble challenge with star power.
      > http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?
      icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_oct

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic