4489Soul-Calendar, Week 16 after Easter

    Jul 22, 2007
      The "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but
      the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated
      with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos),
      plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for
      sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of
      spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form. I have added some
      details on the planets in the night sky as well.

      constellation CANCER from July 21st through August 3rd in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the CRAB (from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications), is
      attached to this e-mail, below.

      uses symbolic images, like the Zodiac image (called "Imaginations"), to
      awaken "spiritual sight", and mantras ("Inspirations") to open "spiritual
      hearing."
      experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have
      theirrhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using
      the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
      from English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 1 6 *
      Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,
      Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,
      Dass reifend Gottesgaben
      In Seelengr�nden fruchtend
      Der Selbstheit Fr�chte bringen.

      To save the Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self
      Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,
      So that those ripening God-gifts
      In the Soul�s Ground bearing fruit
      The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

      An interpretation:
      The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the summer play of
      light and warmth, to find ourselves in a different way later in the year;
      and this is just what the past few weeks' verses have pictured.
      Now, this Spirit, concealed in the beautiful summer environment we have
      perceived and which we surrendered to so strongly, has wrapped itself about
      the Ego, planting 'seeds' we sense will grow towards the future---- and as
      they ripen within us, our OWN abilities will also.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday July 22nd. Moon Scorpio. Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born
      1784.

      Monday, July 23rd. Moon Scorpio. Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus,
      Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.

      Tuesday, July 24th. Moon Sagittarius. Christiana.

      Wednesday July 25th. Moon Sagittarius. St. Chistopher.

      Thursday, July 26th. Moon Sagittarius. Anna.

      Friday, July 27th. Moon Capricorn. Martha.

      Saturday, July 28th. Moon Capricorn. 1750 Johann Seb. Bach died. 1794
      Robespierre executed.1804 Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach born.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
      VENUS is a brilliant Evening Star high in the West above the setting sun
      each evening. It is very close to the star Regulus, the 'heart of the Lion'.
      To the right of both is dimmer yellowish SATURN.

      Bright JUPITER is in the south at sunset, to the left of and above brilliant
      red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion. The waxing moon is seen near both
      Tuesday through Thursday nights.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.com [web site temporarily down for remodeling]

      http://newlivehotmail.com