4456Wheat Fields

    Jun 14, 2007
      Not Van Gogh, but the supra-personal Christ within him, was capable
      of perceiving the one Reality of a wheat field from many different
      perspectives; some painted in an aura of silence: calm, full of
      light and peaceful solitude. Other wheat fields were on fire in the
      Word; each stalk painted like a holy flame. Van Gogh's wheat fields
      were not Platonic idea forms, but a living essence filled with
      character and dimensionality unique unto themselves.

      Which is the true wheat field? Was Van Gogh's collection of wheat
      field paintings just imaginative fancies created by his brain, as the
      subjectivist would insist? Or was Van Gogh so masterful at
      describing and analyzing his states of subjectivity that he
      discovered an objective ground, not only within side himself, but in
      the physical world, as well---a suprapersonal objectivity that is an
      outflowing of spiritual thought?

      Starman is right when he says objectivism doesn't have anything to do
      with spiritual science and can retard the soul on an evolutionary
      level, stunting spiritual growth. But, as Starman has also said in
      the past, Steiner was not a "subjectivist" and therefore truth and
      knowledge play a central role in his science-based occult
      philosophy. In his Theory of Knowledge, for instance, he defines
      subjective thinking as a necessary "transitional stage", not the end
      result, of scientific perception.

      The extreme subjectivist (e.g. JZ Knight) feels that all things are
      relative, that no objective truth exists in the world, and that you
      cannot perceive anything beyond yourself, hence their rejection of
      all laws that apply universally to everyone, politically,
      spiritually, or physically. Most New Age thinkers reject the
      physical world on the grounds that it is maya, illusion, which is
      devoid of innate truth beyond our personal consciousness. JZ herself
      smokes a pipe and preaches that the world is a pipe dream.

      On the other hand, Steiner was no metaphysical objectivist. In fact,
      he rejected the objective idealism of Plato and Hegel in which things
      are mere representations of their mental existence. In-between
      Hegelian-Platonic idealism and Kantian subjectivity there exists a
      kind of locus point where thinking (the movement of consciousness)
      becomes involved in the subjective act of perception, uniting two
      totally different sphere of comprehension. Comprehending phenomena
      through this locus point is the key to occult perception, our locus
      point being conscience, the I AM principle, which is objectivity on a
      universal level, a kind of God's eye view of reality transcending the
      personal self.

      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise" <carynlouise@...> wrote:

      > > Hello, Dr. Starman and All!
      > >
      > > Forgive me for bringing up an old post, but I found this view of
      Ayn
      > > Rand to be fascinating. It has been my understanding that
      > > Objectivists are Atheists based on the idea that "reality
      precedes
      > > consciousness" -- hence there can be no God. Objectivists claim
      that
      > > one cannot be both a Christian and an Objectivist. I would be
      very
      > > interested to learn where Objectivism meets Anthroposophy and how
      Ayn
      > > Rand "got it wrong".
      > >
      > > Thank you so much!
      > >
      > > Jenny
      > >

      > Hi Jenny
      >
      > Objectivism meets Anthroposophy? In today's lecture -
      >
      > "I, Wisdom and Love work as Thinking, Feeling and Willing"
      >

      > Objectivist reality preceding consciousness to include nutrition?
      >
      > "A huna Pfene Li nofa Li Songo Gonya Muri"
      > "Too many people die in the world because they are too poor to stay
      > alive"

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic