4296Re: Western tradition of reincarnation?

    Apr 16, 2007
      There are several references to reincarnation in the New Testament.
      Starman named a couple. Here is another. Luke 16:20-31.

      20) At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores
      21) and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the
      dogs came and licked his sores.

      22) "The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to
      Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell,[a]
      where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with
      Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have
      pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and
      cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

      25) "But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you
      received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now
      he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26) And besides all this,
      between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who
      want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from
      there to us.'

      27) "He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my
      father's house, 28) for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so
      that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

      29) "Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them
      listen to them.'

      30) " 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead
      goes to them, they will repent.'

      31) "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the
      Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the
      dead.' "
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic