4259The Kore Cosmu

  • thepathofthesunflower
    Apr 2, 2007
      The Kore Cosmu; Virgin of the World
      Hermes Trismegistus

      Next Earth stood forth, in bitter grief; and (when she was given
      leave to plead) she thus began:

      `O King and Father President of the over-arching spheres of heaven,
      and Governor of us, the Elements, that stand before thee .. I am
      dishonoured; trouble has risen up against me from mankind. Having
      naught to fear, they commit all manner of crimes; slaughtered by
      every sort of cruel device. Men fall dead on my plains.
      O Lord, and I am soaked through with the juices of rotting corpses.

      Henceforward, Lord, since I am forced to contain beings unworthy of
      me, I wish to contain, together, with all the things which I bring
      forth, God also.

      How long shall thy terrestrial world peopled with mortals, have no
      God? Bestow upon Earth; if not thy very self – that I ask not for I
      could not endure to contain thee – yet at least some holy efflux of
      thee'.