4242[steiner] Re: Krishna and The Bhagavad Gita

  • My2Cents
    Mar 22, 2007
      --- On Thu 03/22, thepathofthesunflower < thepathofthesunflower@... > wrote:
      From: thepathofthesunflower [mailto: thepathofthesunflower@...]
      To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:42:04 -0000
      Subject: [steiner] Re: Krishna and The Bhagavad Gita

      > Dear Caryn and List Members,
      >
      > First I must apologize for my spelling error of Bagavad, which is
      spelled Bhagavad.

      > "The Bhagavad Gita and the Epistles of St. Paul" is a series of 5
      lectures Steiner gave in Cologne Dec 28, 29, 30 and 31, 1912 and
      January 1, 1913. My copy is the 1945 edition. As with all of
      Steiner's teachings these lectures are all-encompassing, bringing
      seemingly isolated and diverse time-spans and events into a Whole
      with a resulting meld illustrating the cohesiveness of mankind's
      evolution upon Earth as well as in the Spiritual World. These
      resulting panoramic truths are beyond my ability to consense. I would
      hope one would be stimulated to ponder through these lectures as we
      must ponder our way through all of Steiner's work in order to
      hopefully reach some understanding of Anthroposophy itself.

      > Warm Regards,
      >
      > Sheila

      Hi Sheila and everyone

      Thanks for your reply Sheila, also please excuse my spelling mistake
      of Bhagavad! I am such a westerner and I recall Steiner saying 'when
      westerner's wear easterner clothes -they look out of place'!

      I have been thinking- is it coincidential Steiner lectured on the
      Bhagavad Gita and St Paul? Could it be St Paul experiencing the
      thunderbolt of light on the road to Damascus?

      Thanks for your posts Sheila, nice to read.
      Caryn

      Hello again, Caryn and All List Members,

      Your postings, Caryn, are always full of interest, for which I am very
      glad, as well as for your healthy open ponderings. I must bow to the wise council of those far more knowledgeable than I for any attempt to respond to your excellent wonderings as outlined above other than to surmise nothing Steiner spoke of could have ever been coincidental.

      Unless I am mistaken, Paul's experience on the road to Damascus is to be found in Steiner's "The Background to the Gospel of St. Matthew" but I am not certain.

      I do hope this may have been of some help to you, Caryn.

      Blessings to All,

      No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.