4235[steiner] Re: Krishna and The Bhagavad Gita

  • My2Cents
    Mar 20, 2007
      --- On Mon 03/19, thepathofthesunflower < thepathofthesunflower@... > wrote:
      From: thepathofthesunflower [mailto: thepathofthesunflower@...]
      To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:30:38 -0000
      Subject: [steiner] Re: Krishna and The Bagavad Gita

      > Dear Caryn and all Members,
      >
      > I so very rarely post to the List I am sure no one recalls me, but
      that is not important. I was interested in the mention of Krishna.
      > I have a rather small book by Rudolf Steiner entitled "The Bagavad
      Gita and The Epistles of Paul" - as you recall, Krishna plays an
      important part in "The Bagavad Gita".

      > Regards,
      >
      > Sheila

      Hi Sheila

      Thanks for your comment on my comment. I respect and appreciate what
      you say. I have not read Rudolf Steiner's 'the Bagavad Gita and the
      Epistles of Paul' and would dearly like to hear more about it. I
      will do a search in the meantime. I sincerely did not want to offend
      this ancient path; Krishna is an enlightened person.

      My opinion was based directly on the post I read under that group and
      my comments here are based on my understanding of Rudolf
      Steiner's 'the polarities of evolution : east and west'. The move
      from the sense/sensual meditation to the intellectual Ego meditation.
      Both important in the evolution of mankind.

      The sense/dream development stage living in and with the spritual
      world called the distant old moon stage. Later the manifestation of
      the individual logic and intellectual developed in the old sun stage
      and important to discern the sense-pictures, the remanence of the old
      moon stage, when it arises. This discernment is done through the Ego.

      It was/is important in the development of the human to break out of
      the collective old moon stage into the individual sun stage in order
      for the Ego to develop intectually and individually. To be one part
      of the whole and not collective-consciousness part of the collective
      consciousness.

      Without the individual intellect of the Ego the state of collective-
      consciousness arises as it was in the distant old Moon stage. This
      stage, equally important in human development, perceived itself to be
      part of nature and nature to be part of itself. However, when the
      time was right to develop further ie the Ego; certain entities did
      not want to let go of this dream like stage.

      During the old Sun stage the newest member to our spritual body - the
      Ego - was developed. Within this the Ego individually and intectually
      perceives outside of itself and with this the perception the Christ
      Impulse as the oneness of collective consciousness which in turn is
      perceived inwardly.

      The ancient path of the Bagavad Gita is honourable and very calming
      for the soul in the hands of a strong Ego.

      The intectually developed Ego aware of dream-like influences; that is.

      Please comment again Sheila and if the other members would like to
      comment as well.

      Best regards
      Caryn

      Dear Caryn and List Members,

      First I must apologize for my spelling error of Bagavad, which is spelled Bhagavad.

      "The Bhagavad Gita and the Epistles of St. Paul" is a series of 5 lectures Steiner gave in Cologne Dec 28, 29, 30 and 31, 1912 and January 1, 1913. My copy is the 1945 edition. As with all of Steiner's teachings these lectures are all-encompassing, bringing seemingly isolated and diverse time-spans and events into a Whole with a resulting meld illustrating the cohesiveness of mankind's evolution upon Earth as well as in the Spiritual World. These resulting panoramic truths are beyond my ability to consense. I would hope one would be stimulated to ponder through these lectures as we must ponder our way through all of Steiner's work in order to hopefully reach some understanding of Anthroposophy itself.

      Warm Regards,

      No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.