3896Soul-Calendar, Week 31 after Easter

    Nov 12, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation SCORPIO from November 10th through 30th in our era. A
      version of the new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this electronic mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 3 1 *

      Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,
      Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:
      Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft
      Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,
      Um Kr�fte zu entbinden,
      Die Schaffensm�chte aus Seelentrieben
      In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

      The Light out of Spirit-Deeps
      Strives outwards like the Sun:
      It turns into Life-Will-Force
      And shines into the Senses' Dullness,
      The Power to unbind,
      That Shaping-Might out of Soul-Drives
      In Man's Work will let ripen.

      A partial interpretation of this week's mantra:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.
      Last week, we felt this growing thinking consciousness directing all
      our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience
      awakened fully within us.
      This week, the verse focuses our attention on the spiritual light of
      thinking and how it seeks to turn to the outer world, turning into
      will-forces for living and illuminating the otherwise dull sense-existence,
      thus turning the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.

      **********************************

      some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday, November 12th. Moon Leo. Last Quarter. 1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.

      Monday, November 13th. Moon Virgo. Nicholas I (was in the 9th century as
      Pope defender of celibacy for priests).

      Tuesday, November 14th. Moon Virgo. 1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died. 1825
      Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.

      Wednesday, November 15th. Moon Libra. Albertus Magnus (the great scholar and
      researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas Aquinas). 1630 Astronomer
      Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born. 1741 Lavater born.

      Thursday, November 16th. Moon Libra. Edmund (King of England).

      Friday, November 17th. Moon Libra. 1875 Blavatsky founded the Theosophical
      Society.

      Saturday, November 18th. Moon Scorpio. 1789 Daguerre, the inventor of
      photography, born.