3830Soul-Calendar Week 22 after Easter

    Sep 10, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era. A
      version of the new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this electronic mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 2 2 *
      Das Lichte aus Weltenweiten,
      Im Innern lebt es kr�ftig fort:
      Es wird zum Seelenlichte
      Und leuchtet in die Geistestiefen,
      Um Fr�chte zu entbinden,
      Die Menschenselbst aus Weltenselbst
      Im Zeitenlaufe reifen lassen.

      The Light out of World-Widenesses
      In my Inner being lives as a continuing power;
      It turns into Soul-Light
      And shines in Spirit-depths,
      The Fruit to release,
      That Man's Self out of World's Self
      In Time's course will allow to ripen.

      A partial interpretation of this week's mantra:
      Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and
      Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within us, releasing the fruit of its
      working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the
      time of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the
      external world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if
      awakening from a summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to
      become inner Self Consciousness, but at first we may feel fear due to no
      longer being able to lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why
      the symbol of the warrior Archangel Micha-El is placed before us at
      Michaelmas, summoning us to have courage, for we are not going to die as our
      summer nature-consciousness wanes, but rather wake up.
      This week's verse is the first appearance of Autumn's influence
      beginning to dull the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been
      gained from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

      **********************************

      Sunday, September 10th. Moon Taurus. Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).

      Monday, September 11th. Moon Taurus. Abraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew
      People).

      Tuesday, September 12th. Moon Gemini. Tobias.

      Wednesday,September 13th. Moon Gemini. 1872 the Philosopher Ludwig
      Feuerbach died.

      Thursday,September 14th . Moon Gemini. Last Quarter. Festival of the High
      Cross. Heraclius,
      brought in 629 the Cross of Christ to Constantinople. 1769
      Alexander von Humboldt born.
      1887 The Philosopher Freidrich Theodore Vischer died.

      Friday, September 15th. Moon Cancer. Nicodemus (who in John's Gospel was
      made a
      leader).

      Saturday, September 16th. Moon Cancer. 1736 The Natural Scientist Farenheit
      died.