3810RE: [steiner] Fu Manchu

    Aug 12 12:02 PM
      ******* "By coincidence", as we say, Matthew, I had just located the series
      of Fu Manchu films done by Hammer in the 60s with Christopher Lee playing Fu
      Manchu and was watching them them for the first time! (Only the first in the
      series, The Face of Fu Manchu, was released widely in the states: there were
      at least 3 more produced in the UK, in addition to Fu Manchu films done in
      the thirties with Boris Karloff as the master of evil.)

      Guilty pleasure, watching old science fiction and fantasy films in the
      evenings...

      Now, clever intellectuals will of course dismiss the popularity of Sax
      Rohmer's series and the "yellow peril" fears as a mere product of racism and
      unworthy of discussion. But as we know from anthroposophy---- and many
      people have intuited without knowing anything of anthroposophy--- our
      Western civilization in which each man as an individual counts for
      something, is not universal but originated less than 3,000 years ago in
      Greece, and has always been threatened by the Eastern civilization in which
      individual human life counts for nothing, but instead subordinates all
      individuals to the group. The Persians tried to strangle it in its cradle,
      and were only prevented from doing so by the sacrifice of the 400 Spartans;
      later, Constantine recognized the need to build a bulwark against the East
      in the same place; the Muslim invasion was the same thing, the
      Christ-filled, upward-lifting West attempting to be destroyed by an Eastern
      indivdual-denying (Christ-denying) mass-mentality movement.

      Later, Karl Marx thought he was serving the spirit of justice with his
      philosophy, but actually served Antichrist, and it was rejected in the West
      but embraced in the retrograde East, leading to the stunting of development
      in Russia, China and the rest of Asia, a setback they are only now
      recovering from... and the new spread of Wahhabi Islam is a replacement for
      Marxism-Leninism: another Shining Path promising relief from individual
      striving and use of personal conscience by banishing the Ego back to the
      group-soul and surrendering all isolated self-consciousness to the whims of
      irrational priests. (Reich wrote about this psychology of fascism.)

      In anthroposophic terms, perhaps we could say the figure of Fu Manchu is
      a sort of vision by a fiction writer of a Luciferic personality distorted by
      Ahrimanic forces, hence an Oriental who uses Western science to attempt to
      conquer the world. Fu Stalin? Osama bin Manchu? Hasn't he recently been
      elected President of Iran?

      But I hesitate to get into present-day politics since there are so many
      people in our movement ---- or at least writing on the internet as if they
      are, though I never see them at annual meetings---- trying to bend Steiner
      into someone who would support theuir socialsm and left-wing views, which he
      emphatically did not. To give you an example of how bad it is, a few years
      ago when we had a discussion on another list allegedly for 'anthroposphy'
      about Steiner's forceast of the Anti-Spirit of the Sun becoming active in
      1998 (as he did in Islam in 666 AD and anti-Christian forces in 1332),
      instead of recognizing Ahrimanic influence in Bin Laden, his tool Mohammed
      Atta, etc., so-called anthroposophists immediately identified the evil
      forces in the world now as ... the U.S.!!!

      So, discussion about world events is pointless without inner work
      sharpening one's perception first, and removing dogma so one can see
      clearly. The perception of the Christ is the most important experience: all
      else can flow from that. It "breaks the ice." Materialist Marxism and
      Wahhabi Islam are "brainwashing" tools created to prevent this experience
      from happening.

      >From: "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...>
      >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [steiner] Fu Manchu
      >Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:12:22 -0000
      >
      >Had another whirlwind dream last night. I won't go into detail, but
      >in my communications with Satan's animalistic figure I spoke to his
      >second personified figure. He said: Fu Chu Lent. I wrote down the
      >words in my journal then went back to sleep.
      >
      >This afternoon I remembered the words again, and googled them.
      >Nothing matched. What I did get, however, was links to sites on Fu
      >Man Chu. Before then I had no idea what Fu Man Chu was. Here is
      >what I learned.
      >
      >He is a fictional character. A master criminal, Fu Manchu works for
      >the overthrow of Western civilization. He was featured in a series
      >of novels by Birmingham author Sax Rohmer during the early years of
      >the 20th century.
      >
      >"Imagine a person, tall, lean and feline, high-shouldered, with a
      >brow like Shakespeare and a face like Satan, a close-shaven skull,
      >and long, magnetic eyes of the true cat-green. Invest him with all
      >the cruel cunning of an entire Eastern race, accumulated in one
      >giant intellect, with all the resources of science past and present,
      >with all the resources, if you will, of a wealthy government--which,
      >however, already has denied all knowledge of his existence. Imagine
      >that awful being, and you have a mental picture of Dr. Fu-Manchu,
      >the yellow peril incarnate in one man."
      >
      >-- Nayland Smith to Dr. Petrie,
      >The Insidious Dr. Fu Manchu
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic