3643Editorial Revision of The Koran: A Jail of Perfection

    Jan 31, 2006
      After re-reading my last post, I decided to organize my thoughts a
      little better and re-write the post in a less intuitive, more
      deliberate manner that better expresses my initial insight into the
      Gospels:

      Note how, in the New Testament, God never speaks through the
      apocalypters. God's words are revealed to them, instead of channeled
      in any atavistic sense of the word. In a state of wide awake
      consciousness the Word of God and the words of the apocalypters
      intermix during the visionary experiences recorded in the Bible---
      visions that, by their very nature, are inspired by the Heavenly
      Father, yet assume the individual character of the writer. The Luke
      gospel, for instance, has a unique character that distinguishes it
      from the gospel of Mark, or from the gospel of Matthew, or from the
      archaic character of the Epistles. Because the apocalypters
      interjected their own "I" into their prophesies, we have a collection
      of unique and individualized testaments inspired by God.

      In the Gospel of John we have an intermediary, John himself. We are
      reminded: "And this is the record of John..." [John 1:19] In like
      manner, the author of Luke writes: "It seems to me also, having had
      perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write
      unto thee...." [Luke 1:3] Mark and Matthew do the same; they reveal
      themselves as the apocalypters of their respective gospels, as do the
      writers of the epistles.

      The purpose was not to understate the perfection of their words, but
      to openly show that the uniqueness of the gospels is due to the fact
      that each writer (or witness) bears his "I" within the revelations;
      each gospel, in fact, represents a different mode of thought, a
      different way of approaching God; whereas with the Koran, there is
      only one way. We are not reading the Prophet Mohammed's words in the
      Koran; he is a mere channel. We are reading the infallible word of
      God coming directly through Mohammed's pen, with no intermediary
      whatsoever. The Koran is without a human "I".

      Therefore the Koran cannot be interpreted organically. It has a built-
      in theology that is unchangeable, hindering all attempts to
      personalize the message from generation to generation as human
      society evolves through the Ages. The universal nature of the Koran
      holds Islam in the "infallibility and perfection" of its own words.