3594Soul-Calendar, Week 34 after Easter

    Nov 13, 2005
      The Calendar of the Soul

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative
      mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring
      within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra
      on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of
      Steiner, but few know that the original "Calendar " ALSO had 12 Images
      of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of
      the solar forces in the cosmos, a listing of the Moon's phases &
      position in the signs each night for sensing the lunar forces, and a
      list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of
      events to contemplate on specific days. Here we present the
      "Soul-Calendar" restored to this complete form.

      constellation SCORPIO from November 9th to 30th in our era.

      We are unable to send the symbolic image of the SCORPION from the
      original Soul-Calendar, done from sketches and indications of Steiner's
      and colored with the corresponding color, with this e-mail. But it can
      be found in the group`s Files section.

      This week's mantra.
      For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic
      path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual
      hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not
      important, but rather the reciting of it and entering with deeper
      soul-forces into its inner experience is what is essential Also, these
      mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in
      that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the
      original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
      from English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 3 4 *

      Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
      Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
      Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
      Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
      In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
      Und werdend mich ins Dasein prägen.

      Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
      With newly-arisen Self-Being
      Within me I feel enlivened:
      It shall let flow awakened World-Power
      Into my Life's outer work
      And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

      A partial interpretation of this week's mantram:
      Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows.
      Last week, this inner self-awareness grew to the point that we felt
      detached completely from the world, and saw it, without our soul's
      participation on it, as an icy, dead wasteland---and that all we create
      detached from the world would likewise be dead.
      Now, we find, in a mysterious way, this new growing
      self-consciousness as well as all our precious treasure of old
      experience come to life. Thus the World's power now consciously flows
      into the deeds of life in such a way that the self can imprint its
      nature onto the world.

      The Moon positions and phases for the week are listed below along
      with some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday, November 13th. Moon Aries. Nicholas I (was in the 9th century
      as Pope defender of celibacy for priests).

      Monday, November 14th. Moon Taurus. 1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died.
      1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.

      Tuesday, November 15th. Moon Taurus. Full Moon. Albertus Magnus (the
      great scholar and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas
      Aquinas). 1630 Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born.
      1741 Lavater born.

      Wednesday, November 16th. Moon Gemini. Edmund (King of England).

      Thursday, November 17th. Moon Gemini. 1875 Blavatsky founded the
      Theosophical Society.

      Friday, November 18th. Moon Cancer. 1789 Daguerre, the inventor of
      photography, born.

      Saturday, November 19th. Moon Cancer. Zacharius.

      P.S. I found out while researching here at the Goetheanum that Steiner
      definitely intended the Soul-Calendar list of peoples' birth and
      death-days to be added to by we users, as I'd thought. So from now on,
      I'm going to add more recent people to it, and members of the list
      should feel free to do the same.

      THE PLANETS: Venus the "evening star" can be seen low in the Western
      sky for a short time after sunset, just above the setting sun.
      Brilliant yellowish-red Mars, now in its closest approach to earth,
      rises in the East at sunset, near the
      Pleiades, the Full Moon Tuesday is seen close to it. Saturn rises in
      the East about midnight, close to the bright
      'twin' stars Castor and Pollux, the Twins of Gemini.