3390Re: [steiner] Re: etc

  • LilOleMissy
    Sep 3, 2005
      Dr. Starman, bless you for bringing Spiritual Light back into our Steiner list! Those of you who know me realize New Orleans is my home town with, hopefully, what's left of my family intact. The Being Anthroposophia is a vitally clear window and Spiritual Force necessary to allow us to view not only a site for beautifully multicolored rather unearthly life-forms but also a"dark side of the mirror" in all occurances, so to say, and even though the devastated by Katrina area has long been an ideal haven for colorful historical figures such as Jean LaFitte, et al, it is now known to be heavily Al Quada infested irregardless of a specific background one has acquired for one's current incarnation. How ideal this enormous area is for any and/or all groups to hibernate beneath the toxic vapors of what was once loosely known as Evangeline country, unwanted by anyone, yet a critically positioned "gateway" in the War for Freedom plus survival of the free world, thus the raison d'etre for the "Battle of New Orleans", etc., but at present, primarily an important factor in the seemingly opportunistic Sorathian attacks following Natura's Fury as possibly seen in the supposedly mysterious fires consuming portions of the City. In so far as is possible to us, we must maintain alertness at all times while recognizing the deeply Spiritual workings of Lightness vs Darkness involved in such seeming "waste lands" and "accidental natural calamities" while attempting an alertness to all events, and especially so during these critical times.

      Blessings,

      Sheila

      Dr.Starman@... wrote:
      > ***I'd like to congratulate England on their new anti-terror
      > legislation.  They've been attacked once and already they're ten
      > years ahead of America in terms of coping with Islamic terrorism.
      > England, and Europe at large, took the following step.
      >
      > Racial Profiling.  It seems as if there's a common denominator in
      > terrorism:  race.  So far, men of Middle Eastern descent are the
      ones
      > responsible for the string of attacks in England, America, Spain
      and
      > Russia.  Irish nuns aren't blowing themselves up in railway
      > stations.  Neither are Chinese Buddhists, so why strip-search
      them?
      > Why should our women and children suffer the indignity of being
      > stripped naked before airport security, when we know they're not
      the
      > ones committing terror acts?  Random strip searches are an inept
      > attempt to catch terrorists, when resources and man power could be
      > more efficiently employed through racial profiling.  This is common
      > sense.

      ronningen@... writes:

      I love it when people claim racial profiling isn't a bad thing (in
      fact it's "common sense"!) when they aren't in the group proposed to
      be profiled.  No, I'm not of Middle Eastern descent either.
      Let me ask you a question though Mathew - if after Tim McVeigh and
      the Unabomber committed their acts it was proposed that all white
      males should be strip-searched since obviously all white males were
      suspect, how would you have felt?  Think that's appropriate?  Still
      think that calling for racial profiling is anything other than
      allowing your understandable concern about more terrorist attacks to
      lure you down the path into error?  The divisive forces are laughing,
      when we do their work for them so well.
      Have courage, and be the change you wish to see in the world.

      *******FIRST, SO MANY PEOPLE NEVER SEEM TO HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT ANTHROPOSOPHY HERE, BUT LET SOMEONE POST ANYTHING POLITICAL AND EVERYONE SEEMS TO COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK. SO, IF YOU HAVE TIME TO WRITE HERE, HOW ABOUT WRITING ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES USING MANTRAS OR SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCES IN MEDITATION OR HOW YOU HAVE GAINED INSIGHT INTO THE ETHERIC OR ASTRAL BODIES OR INTO READING THE AKASHIC RECORDS OR THOUGHTS ABOUT WALDORF EDUCATION OR BIO-DYNAMIC AGRICULTURE OR ART OR ANYTHING RELATED TO STEINER? ;->

        INSTEAD I EXPECT A BRIEF REPLY MAKING EXCUSES WHY SUCH WILL NOT BE FORTHCOMING ---- AND/OR A LONG SILENCE.

         IT WOULD BE NICE IF THIS LIST WAS USED FOR WHAT IT'S FOR.

         POLITICAL DISCUSSION  SHEDS MUCH HEAT BUT LITTLE LIGHT.

         BUT, IN ADDITION, IN THE EXAMPLE TO HAND: TIM MCVEIGH AND THE UNABOMBER DID NOT BOMB AIRPLANES, OR HIJACK THEM TO KILL THOUSANDS IN A BLATANT, PUBLIC ATTACK ON WESTERN CIVILIZATION FROM A DARK-AGES RELIGIOUS FANATIC CULT THAT ADMITTED GUILT.

         I'D SAY THAT WHATEVER INTELLIGENCE IS AVAILABLE TO SAVE MORE AIR PASSENGERS IN THE FUTURE SHOULD BE USED. IN THIS CASE, BIN LADEN PUBLICLY ADMITTED HE PLANNED IT AND WHY, ALL THE BOMBERS WERE ARAB SUNNI MUSLIM MEN, AND A MANUAL FOR AL QAEDA WAS FOUND TELLING THEM HOW TO BLEND IN SO AS TO BE ABLE TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE----I.E., NOT WEAR BEARDS, ETC. THIS IS TRULY A NO-BRAINER.

         COMMON SENSE IS NOT ILLEGALYET. I'D SAY THAT, TO CITE THE EXAMPLES OF A MERE 2 HOME-GROWN ALIENATED KILLERS OUT OF A WHOLE GENERATION OF AMERICANS AS A REASON NOT TO WATCH FOR POSSIBLE MEMBERS OF A FOREIGN RELIGIOUS CULT OPENLY DEDICATED TO OUR DEATH, SEEMS  PREETY NONSENSICAL TO ME. POLITICAL BIAS OBSCURES CLEAR THINKING IN THIS CASE, I'D SAY, LIKE IN THE CASE A FEW YEARS AGO OF THE FLORIDA MERCHANT WHO PUT ELECTRONIC TAGS ON THE ITEMS MOST COMMONLY SHOPLIFTED IN HIS STORE AND THEN WAS ACCUSED OF "RACISM" BECAUSE IT JUST SO HAPPENED THAT THEY WERE ALL BLACK HAIR CARE ITEMS.

         REALITY TRUMPS IDEOLOGY, IN MY OPINION. AND THAT IDEOLOGY HAS NOTHING WHATEVER TO DO WITH STEINER OR ANTHROPOSOPHY. CHANGE OF SUBJECT, PLEASE?.

      -STARMAN

      http://www.DrStarman.com

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic