3388Re: [steiner] Re: etc

    Sep 3, 2005
      > ***I'd like to congratulate England on their new anti-terror
      > legislation.  They've been attacked once and already they're ten
      > years ahead of America in terms of coping with Islamic terrorism.
      > England, and Europe at large, took the following step.
      >
      > Racial Profiling.  It seems as if there's a common denominator in
      > terrorism:  race.  So far, men of Middle Eastern descent are the
      ones
      > responsible for the string of attacks in England, America, Spain
      and
      > Russia.  Irish nuns aren't blowing themselves up in railway
      > stations.  Neither are Chinese Buddhists, so why strip-search
      them?
      > Why should our women and children suffer the indignity of being
      > stripped naked before airport security, when we know they're not
      the
      > ones committing terror acts?  Random strip searches are an inept
      > attempt to catch terrorists, when resources and man power could be
      > more efficiently employed through racial profiling.  This is common
      > sense.

      ronningen@... writes:

      I love it when people claim racial profiling isn't a bad thing (in
      fact it's "common sense"!) when they aren't in the group proposed to
      be profiled.  No, I'm not of Middle Eastern descent either.
      Let me ask you a question though Mathew - if after Tim McVeigh and
      the Unabomber committed their acts it was proposed that all white
      males should be strip-searched since obviously all white males were
      suspect, how would you have felt?  Think that's appropriate?  Still
      think that calling for racial profiling is anything other than
      allowing your understandable concern about more terrorist attacks to
      lure you down the path into error?  The divisive forces are laughing,
      when we do their work for them so well.
      Have courage, and be the change you wish to see in the world.

      *******FIRST, SO MANY PEOPLE NEVER SEEM TO HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT ANTHROPOSOPHY HERE, BUT LET SOMEONE POST ANYTHING POLITICAL AND EVERYONE SEEMS TO COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK. SO, IF YOU HAVE TIME TO WRITE HERE, HOW ABOUT WRITING ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES USING MANTRAS OR SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCES IN MEDITATION OR HOW YOU HAVE GAINED INSIGHT INTO THE ETHERIC OR ASTRAL BODIES OR INTO READING THE AKASHIC RECORDS OR THOUGHTS ABOUT WALDORF EDUCATION OR BIO-DYNAMIC AGRICULTURE OR ART OR ANYTHING RELATED TO STEINER? ;->

        INSTEAD I EXPECT A BRIEF REPLY MAKING EXCUSES WHY SUCH WILL NOT BE FORTHCOMING ---- AND/OR A LONG SILENCE.

         IT WOULD BE NICE IF THIS LIST WAS USED FOR WHAT IT'S FOR.

         POLITICAL DISCUSSION  SHEDS MUCH HEAT BUT LITTLE LIGHT.

         BUT, IN ADDITION, IN THE EXAMPLE TO HAND: TIM MCVEIGH AND THE UNABOMBER DID NOT BOMB AIRPLANES, OR HIJACK THEM TO KILL THOUSANDS IN A BLATANT, PUBLIC ATTACK ON WESTERN CIVILIZATION FROM A DARK-AGES RELIGIOUS FANATIC CULT THAT ADMITTED GUILT.

         I'D SAY THAT WHATEVER INTELLIGENCE IS AVAILABLE TO SAVE MORE AIR PASSENGERS IN THE FUTURE SHOULD BE USED. IN THIS CASE, BIN LADEN PUBLICLY ADMITTED HE PLANNED IT AND WHY, ALL THE BOMBERS WERE ARAB SUNNI MUSLIM MEN, AND A MANUAL FOR AL QAEDA WAS FOUND TELLING THEM HOW TO BLEND IN SO AS TO BE ABLE TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE----I.E., NOT WEAR BEARDS, ETC. THIS IS TRULY A NO-BRAINER.

         COMMON SENSE IS NOT ILLEGALYET. I'D SAY THAT, TO CITE THE EXAMPLES OF A MERE 2 HOME-GROWN ALIENATED KILLERS OUT OF A WHOLE GENERATION OF AMERICANS AS A REASON NOT TO WATCH FOR POSSIBLE MEMBERS OF A FOREIGN RELIGIOUS CULT OPENLY DEDICATED TO OUR DEATH, SEEMS  PREETY NONSENSICAL TO ME. POLITICAL BIAS OBSCURES CLEAR THINKING IN THIS CASE, I'D SAY, LIKE IN THE CASE A FEW YEARS AGO OF THE FLORIDA MERCHANT WHO PUT ELECTRONIC TAGS ON THE ITEMS MOST COMMONLY SHOPLIFTED IN HIS STORE AND THEN WAS ACCUSED OF "RACISM" BECAUSE IT JUST SO HAPPENED THAT THEY WERE ALL BLACK HAIR CARE ITEMS.

         REALITY TRUMPS IDEOLOGY, IN MY OPINION. AND THAT IDEOLOGY HAS NOTHING WHATEVER TO DO WITH STEINER OR ANTHROPOSOPHY. CHANGE OF SUBJECT, PLEASE?.

      -STARMAN

      http://www.DrStarman.com
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic