3261[steiner] War in Heaven

    Jun 30, 2005
      Here is another example of a "double appearance" that I forgot to add
      when commenting on the Book of Revelation last week. The previous
      examples included the double appearance of the Whore of Babylon, the
      twice fallen city of Babylon, and the double appearance of the
      Spiritual Man "who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron."

      Well, here is another example. Again we're dealing with an event. A
      mighty angel comes down from heaven "clothed with a cloud" [Rev.
      10:1]. This is none other than Archangel Michael. His face is
      radiant like the sun. His feet are pillars of fire. If you meditate
      upon the surreal form of Michael you'll see that his body forms a
      gateway of sort; this gateway opens into a new "round" of conscious
      evolution. This round began c. 1888.

      Two chapters later, in REV 12:7, Michael and his angels fight the
      dragon: casting him from heaven to the earth. "And the great dragon
      was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which
      deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his
      angels were cast out with him."

      Again, two chapters separate the beginning of the Michael Event and
      the end—a giant space by Revelation standards. The beginning starts
      with the appearance of Michael in the clouds and ends with the
      Michael casting Satan to the earth during the War in Heaven. Here is
      the end.

      "And I heard a voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and
      strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ:
      for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them
      before our God day and night." [REV. 12:10]

      This is why I say it is difficult to date events in the Book of
      Revelation. The War in Heaven and Michael's appearance occur
      simultaneously, c.1888. Yet, in the Book of Revelation, these two
      events seem disconnected. Between the time Michael makes his
      appearance and the War in Heaven we hear the "seven thunders,"
      the "second woe" and then the "third woe."

      Obviously the Apocalypse doesn't follow a sequential time line. The
      story we are reading is almost circular in shape; the beginning is in
      the end and the end is in the beginning. You must feel the
      underlying pattern forming beneath the surface to understand the
      major dominant themes. The thunders and woes are reverberations
      radiating outward from what transpired as a result of the Michael
      Event. All the events in chapters 10, 11, 12 revolve around this
      drama--a drama etched in the soul of the world and extending beyond
      the outermost galaxy. More importantly it is a drama living in our
      souls. We are experiencing, through time and space, what took Michael
      an instant to achieve in the year 1888.

      The apocalypter is telling us to be hopeful, that the battle has
      already been won, Satan has been defeated, and all that is required
      of us is that we remain vigilant.

      "Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to
      the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come
      down unto you, having great wrath. Because he knoweth that he hath
      but a short time." [REV. 12:12]

      (What heavy metal song begins with the above passage?)

      Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

      ommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic