3219Soul-Calendar, Week 11 after Easter

    Jun 5, 2005
         The Calendar of the Soul

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era. Here's the symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 1 *
      Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde
      An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;
      An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,
      In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:
      Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich
      Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

      It is, in this sun-hour,
      For you, the wise prophecy to know;
      To World-Beauty given over,
      In you, you feel to live through:
      'Man's I can lose itself
      And find itself in the World-I.'

      *******A partial interpretation:  The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses is now so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling, and we have a fore-sense of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood to find ourselves again in spirit-being in the height of summer.

      Sunday,  June 5th.  Moon Gemini. Boniface (the Apostle to Germany in the 8th century).

      Monday,  June 6th. Moon Gemini. New Moon. Julian the Apostate born 331.

      Tuesday,  June 7th. Moon Cancer.    Lucian.

      Wednesday, June 8th. Moon Cancer.  Muhammed died 632.

      Thursday, June 9th. Moon Cancer.  Columban.

      Friday, June 10th. Moon Leo. Onophrius.

      Saturday, June 11th. Moon Leo. Alexander the Great died 323 B.C. Roger Bacon died 1294.

      Dr. Starman
      http://www.DrStarman.com
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic