3145Soul-Calendar, Week 4 after Easter

    Apr 16, 2005
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era. Here' the symbolic image of the RAM in the original Soul-Calendar:

      (This image represents the human being conscious in both the physical and "above", in the spiritual, as we will be in the next incarnation of the Earth, called "Jupiter." See the recent Steinerbooks re-print of the original "Calendar of the Soul" for more information.)

      This week's mantra.

      * M A N T R A # 4 *
      Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:
      So spricht Empfindung,
      Die in der sonnerhellten Welt
      Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;
      Sie will dem Denken
      Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken
      Und Mensch und Welt
      In Einheit fest verbinden.

      "I feel the essence of my essence":
      So speaks Sensation,
      That in the sun-illumined World
      With flooding light becomes one;
      It will join warmth
      To Thinking's Clarity,
      And Man and World
      In oneness bind fast together.

      An interpretation:
      Our thinking is drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the
      cosmos. The returning light makes us feel our essence is similar to it; and,
      as we join our thinking to the senses, we re-unite it with the world.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, April 17th.  Moon Leo.  Benjamin Franklin died 1790.

      Monday, April 18th. Moon Leo.  Apollonius (Christian philosopher of the 2nd century).

      Tuesday, April 19th. Moon Virgo.   Darwin died 1882.

      Wednesday, April 20th. Moon Virgo.  Sulpicius.

      Thursday, April 21st. Moon Libra. Mohammed born 571.

      Friday, April 22nd. Moon Libra.  Kant born 1724.

      Saturday, April 23rd. Moon Scorpio.
      George (slayer of the Dragon, that according to legend lived in the time of Diocletian). Shakespeare born 1564.

      Dr. Starman

      P.S. The bright "star" seen near the almost-full moon Friday and Saturday nights is the planet Jupiter.