3098Soul-Calendar, Week 49 after Easter

    Mar 13, 2005

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th through April 13th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the FISHES in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 4 9  *
      Ich fühle Kraft des Weltenseins:
      So spricht Gedankenklarheit,
      Gedenkend eignen Geistes Wachsen
      In finstern Weltennächten,
      Und neigt dem nahen Weltentage
      Des Innern Hoffnungsstrahlen.

      "I feel the Power of the World-Existence":
      So speaks Thinking's Clarity,
      Thinking of its own Spirit-Waxing
      In dark World-Night,
      And draws nigh unto nearing World-Day
      With its inner Rays of Hope.

      Interpretation of this week's mantra:
        This week, as we begin to sense the World once more awakening in spring, we realize its growing power is similar to how our own Self-knowledge grew strong in the fall. We know that, just as we gained power in winter, so there will come to affect us a power for the good in the coming summer, an outer one rather than inner; and that our clear thinking with our hopes for the coming year, brings us close to the outer radiance of the returning Sun.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, March 13th.  Moon Taurus.  1781 Uranus discovered by Herschel.

      Monday, March 14th. Moon Taurus. Abigail (David's Wife). Eutychius (Christian writer of the 10th century, who wrote a History of the World from the Creation down to his time). Mathildis (bringer of Christendom to Germany in the 10th century). Zacharias. Klopstock died 1803.

      Tuesday, March 15th. Moon Gemini. Christopher (who carried a Youth over the river, then saw that in him he had carried the Christ-Child). Longinus (captain in command in Matthew's Gospel).

      Wednesday, March 16th. Moon Gemini.  1858 Nees v. Esenbeck died.

      Thursday, March 17th. Moon Gemini. First Quarter.  Patrick (Bringer of Christendom to Ireland). 180 Marcus Aurelius died.

      Friday, March 18th. Moon Cancer. Day of Remembrance of the First Day of the World.

      Saturday, March 19th. Moon Cancer.
      Joseph (husband of Mary). Mary of Bethany (Lazarus' sister in John's Gospel).

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic