3037Soul-Calendar, Week 44

    Feb 6, 2005
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from Jan. 5th through Feb. 8th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the SEA-GOAT in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 4 4  *
      Ergriefend neue Sinnesreize
      Erfühlet Seelenklarheit,
      Eingedenk vollzogener Geistgeburt,
      Verwirren sprossend Weltenwerden
      Mit meines Denkens Schöpferwillen.

      Grasping new sense-arisings
      That fill the Soul with Clarity,
      Mindful of acheived Spirit-Birth,
      There mingles sprouting World-Becoming
      With my Thinking's Shaping-Will.

      This week's mantra:
         We are heading towards spring and summer, when our inner selves once more sleep while the Earth awakens.
         This week, stirrings of life in the wakening outer world combine with our conscious wills as we continue to unfold the spirit-birth acheived at Christmas.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, February 6th.  Moon Capricorn.  1807 Abolition of Slavery in England.

      Monday, February 7th. Moon Aquarius.   1446 Columbus born.

      Tuesday, February 8th. Moon Aquarius. New Moon.  Solomon, King of Israel. Leyden University founded 1575. David Friedrich Strauss died 1874.

      Wednesday, February 9th. Moon Pisces. Apollonia, Christian martyr in Alexandria in the 3rd century.

      Thursday, February 10th. Moon Pisces.  Theophany of Paul on the Way to Damascus. 1847 Edison born. 1755 Montesquieu died.

      Friday, February 11th. Moon Aries. 1650 Descartes died.

      Saturday, February 12th. Moon Aries.
      1804 Kant died. 1809 Darwin born.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net