2948Soul-Calendar, Week 36 after Easter

    Dec 12, 2004
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.
         Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete 'astrosophical' form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from Dec. 1st to Jan. 1st in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the ARCHER in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 6  *
      In meines Wesens Tiefen spricht
      Zur Offenbarung drangend
      Geheimnisvoll das Weltenwort:
      Erfulle deiner Arbeit Ziele
      Mit meinem Geisteslicht
      Zu opfern dich durch mich.

      In my Being's Depths speaks,
      Urging me to Revelation,
      Mysteriously, the World-Word:
      "Fill your Work's Objectives
      With My Spirit-Light
      To offer yourself up through Me "

      Interpretation:
         This week, the divine world speaks in the soul's depths in a way we can sense, saying that if our deeds will be filled with its Light, we can be its channels to others, offering ourselves through it.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, December 12th.  Moon Capricorn.    Albrecht von Haller died 1777.

      Monday, December 13th. Moon Capricorn.  Friedrich Hebbel died 1863.

      Tuesday, December 14th. Moon Aquarius.   Tycho Brahe born 1546.

      Wednesday, December 15th. Moon Aquarius. St. Ignatius.

      Thursday, December 16th. Moon Pisces.    Ludwig van Beethoven born 1770. Wilhelm Grimm died 1878.

      Friday, December 17th. Moon Pisces.  Day of Lazarus, he who by Christ was awakened.

      Saturday, December 18th. Moon Aries. First Quarter.
         Lamarck died 1829.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic