2937Soul-Calendar, Week 35

    Dec 5, 2004
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.
         Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete 'astrosophical' form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from Dec. 1st to Jan. 1st in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the ARCHER in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 5  *
      Kann ich das Sein erkennen
      Dass es sich wiederfindet
      Im Seelenschaffensdrange?
      Ich fuhle, das mir Macht verlieh'n
      Das eigne Selbst dem Weltenselbst
      Als Glied bescheiden einzuleben.

      Can I so know Existence
      That it is found again
      In my Soul's Creative Urge?
      I feel that Might is lent me
      For my Self to live at one with
      and be a modest instrument of the World-Self.

      Interpretation of this week's mantra:
         Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, we found within this growing self-consciousness the World's power flowing into deeds in such a way that the self could imprint its nature onto the world. This week, the soul seeks to so know the world that it is that world, not just the self, which works creatively in us; and we feel power lent us to so be one with the world.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, December 5th.  Moon Virgo.   Mozart died 1791.

      Monday, December 6th. Moon Libra.  Nikolaus (Legend: A father, on the way to Hunger and Poverty, was going to hand over his three daughters to shamefulness; Nikolaus discovered this and at night threw a bundle of gold through the man's window, enough to provide his three daughters with a dowry and for the man to live on. From this the tradition, that on this day we give gifts to children.) Max Muller the Orientalist born 1833.

      Tuesday, December 7th. Moon Libra.  First German railroad opened 1835.

      Wednesday, December 8th. Moon Scorpio. Festival of the Conception of Mary (Remembrance of the conception without sin of Mary through her mother Anna).  Herbert Spencer died 1903.

      Thursday, December 9th. Moon Scorpio.   Poet Milton born 1608.

      Friday, December 10th. Moon Sagittarius.  1520 Luther burns Papal Bull.

      Saturday, December 11th. Moon Sagittarius. New Moon.
        1843 Robert Koch born.

      Dr. Starman
      www.DrStarman.net