2915Soul-Calendar #33

    Nov 21, 2004
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.
         Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete 'astrosophical' form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from Nov. 10th to 30th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the SCALES in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 3  *

      So fühl ich erst die Welt,
      Die ausser meiner Seele Miterleben
      An sich nur frostig leeres Leben
      Und ohne Macht sich offenbarend,
      In Seelen sich von neuend schaffend,
      In sich den Tod nur finden könnte.

      So feel I first the World,
      That without my Soul's Living-With it
      As but a frozen empty Life
      And without Power is revealed,
      In new shaping out of the Soul,
      In itself alone, can only find Death.

      Interpretation of this week's mantra:
      In the Autumn, we gradually gain greater and greater Self-Consciousness, rather than the outer consciousness of external nature. Last week, we felt how our consciousness was now strong enough to gain clear insight into the Destiny (karma) events in our lives. This week, we reach the point in the growth of self-consciousness where we first feel detached completely from the outer world, and see that, without our soul's participation on it, it would be an icy, dead wasteland--- while we feel a strong urge to create, but must see that, if we create what has meaning only for ourselves, it will likewise be  "dead".

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, November 21st.  Moon Aries. Festival of the Offering of Mary.

      Monday, November 22nd. Moon Aries.  1694 Voltaire born.

      Tuesday, November 23rd. Moon Taurus. Clemens (the companion of Paul).

      Wednesday, November 24th. Moon Taurus. 1632 Spinoza born.

      Thursday, November 25th. Moon Taurus. 1814 the Physicist J. R. Mayer born.

      Friday, November 26th. Moon Gemini. Full Moon.

      Saturday, November 27th. Moon Gemini.
        1701 Celsius born.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net