2856Re: [steiner] s'Kerry

    Oct 18, 2004
      In a message dated 10/14/2004 5:44:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, social_artist@... writes:

      My goodness, Br. Ron.  You have some interesting
      points, and your exposition is certainly dramatic;
      however, it is my recollection that political
      discussions in this forum were to be avoided.  In the
      end, it seems to me that the scariest part of today's
      political landscape is the apathetic nature of the
      American people, who more and more spend the length of
      their days eating canned foods off of plastic plates
      in front of the television instead of raising their
      children and organizing social events with their
      neighbors.  This is the reason a fellow like Kerry is
      up for the presidency.  It's not as though the guy had
      to burn down the Reichstag.

      *******Well, it's election time, and Steiner did have a lot to say about the practical world of organizing society. I just fear that allowing political discussions will degenerate into arguments and, as they say, creat "much heat but little light."

          It's amazing how people studying the same material can so easily come to the conclusion that it supports their opinion that one of two candidates is the Devil, while others say the exact same thing is equally clear about his opponent! It all only shows that people haven't really digested the teaching about the Mystery of Evil, that there are two devils. Of any two candidates, I'm sure a case could be made how either of them would advance the cause of evil, because there are two opposite causes of evil.

      -starman
      www.DrStarman.net
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic