2824Re: [steiner] opinions

  • LilOleMissy@SBCglobal.net
    Sep 27, 2004
      Cheese'n'salsa - thanks for this! Which lecture is this from? "...in accord with..." - food for thought, most definitely!

      Cheers!

      Sheila

      Cheeseandsalsa@... wrote:
      Here is one sentence by Steiner:  "Our powers of perception and feeling are in accord with our earlier incarnations."

      "We live through many embodiments, from incarnation to incarnation.  In each, we learn many things, each full of opportunities for gathering new experiences.  We cannot carry everything over in every detail from incarnation to incarnation.  When we are born again it is not necessary for everything we have learned to come to life in every detail.  But if we have learned a great deal in one incarnation, and then die an are born again, although there isno need for all our ideas to live again, we come to life withthe fruits of our former life, the fruits of what we have learned.  Our powers of perception and feeling are in accord with our earlier incarnations."

      "Steiner goes on to describe how Goethe in his poem shows us "The highest wisdom, which is a fruit of former knowledge."  He says that Brother Mark, the new leader of the twelve, "has transformed this knowledge into feeling and experience and is therefore qualified to lead others who have perhaps learned more in the form of concepts.""

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic